What’s the role?
The E&I Technician will work with and support the Lead Technician and Supervisor through the execution of maintenance activities to ensure the highest standards in reliability and availability of equipment are achieved.
This role is based on Curtis Island with a daily Ferry commute, working the Maintenance Roster hours (9-day fortnight, days only).
In this role you will be:
- Accountable for high quality fault finding, autonomously troubleshooting, inspecting, testing, adjusting, and repairing instrumentation equipment to satisfy appropriate governing standards.
- Working closely with team members and ensure compliance to manufacturer guidelines, maintenance agreements and warrantees.
- Participating and assisting with equipment performance checks, ensure thorough maintenance records are entered into the Maintenance Management System.
- Working collaboratively, providing technical assistance in major maintenance works such as shutdowns, overhauling, and other works. You will provide technical advice on all instrumented and electrical equipment and share learned knowledge to team members.
In addition, from time-to-time involvement in shutdown activities may require:
- Coordination and supervision of shutdown activities.
- Input into handover of equipment for maintenance from and to Operations.
- Participation in shutdown Toolbox meetings.
- Assisting with development of the shutdown maintenance scope of work.
What we need from you
If you have the following skills, relevant qualifications, broad and specialist competencies relevant to the petroleum, gas, and energy sector, we are keen to speak with you:
- Current Electrical License recognized by the Queensland Electrical Licensing Board
- Certificate III in Electro Technology Instrumentation
- EEHA Certification for gas environments
- Proven experience within an Oil and Gas or Process environment, strong electrical power systems knowledge for reticulation operation and maintenance isolations
- Demonstrated experience in:
- Maintaining field instrumentation including sensors, transmitters, and control valves
- Maintaining Low/High Voltage electrical systems including motor controls, generator control, and associated switchgear
- Fault find instrument loops including the inputs/outputs of Distributed Control System (DCS) and Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) systems
- Maintaining and fault-finding UPS systems ideally Gutor or similar
- Maintaining and testing SIF loops for integrity validation
- Permit to Work (PTW) systems and safety monitoring systems
- Show initiative and contributes creative ideas and constructive advice to solve operational and maintenance problems and increase efficiency or unit reliability. Highlight issues and solutions to responsible Supervisors /Engineers. Be willing and able from time to time assist in similar discipline work scopes if called upon i.e., HVAC, Addressable fire systems, QMI and telecommunications
- The ability to apply company and industry standards and skilled in the application of functional assurance processes, possess a strong safety-first mindset, adhering to and advocating the company policies
The successful candidate should be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
We are keen to support flexible working arrangements, subject to local regulations and legislative frameworks. If this is of interest to you, please describe in your application the type of flexible working arrangements for which you would like to be considered.
Shell Australia is a leading natural gas producer, and we are playing our part in the transition to a low-carbon future by also investing in the power sector, renewable energy sources and carbon abatement activities. A Shell career offers opportunities to work on innovative projects such as the Prelude floating LNG facility offshore of Western Australia and the QGC onshore gas business in Queensland. Beyond these are a wide range of Shell’s New Energies development opportunities. Join Shell and let’s power progress together with more and cleaner energy solutions.
An innovative place to work
Your interest in working for Shell Australia is the first step towards a great career that focuses on securing an energy future for generations to come. Shell Australia can offer you a platform from which you can propel your career and work on diverse projects such as the game-changing Prelude FLNG, the industry-leading QGC Coal Seam Gas business in Queensland, the Gangarri Solar Project or our growing interests in Power and Retail Energy. Shell has been in Australia since 1901, with a record of investing in large projects, including the Clyde Refinery in Western Sydney, the Geelong Refinery in regional Victoria, and the North West Shelf project in Western Australia. In 2019 we acquired ERM Power Limited, as well as Sonnen, a leader in smart energy storage systems and innovative energy services for households.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.