Location Bluff (near Blackwater)
REM As per our Coal EA 2022
About the role:
Bring your training/assessing qualifications, skills and experience as a Driver Trainer to Bluff. We will develop your local knowledge in the Blackwater corridor to help you become a part of the Driver Trainer team.Driver Trainers have their own roster that facilitates their work around VOCs, Trainees and other assessments. Flexible option to work from Bluff or Blackwater.
- A short drive to work every day with no traffic lights
- We are located a short drive to the Gem Fields in the west or the Capricorn Coast, explore our beautiful region on your days off
- Supported by a team of experienced driver trainers and leaders
- Motivating, instructing, mentoring, coaching and assessing drivers
- Develop a supportive relationship with train drivers and support the training program objectives
- Instruct and coach employees in train management competencies, procedures and route competencies to high standards
- Deliver and maintain training and assessment plans, required reports, learning documents, logbooks and check sheets
- Perform fair assessments of employees to high safety standards whilst utilising a range of upskilling methods to ensure competencies are maintained
- Perform administrative duties including maintenance of required files and training records.
You are a natural teacher who has an encouraging and calm approach. You will be a self-starter who, possesses the ability to give constructive advice.
- A Certificate IV in Transport and Logistics (Rail Operations)- mandatory
- Hold a valid 'C' class driver's licence- mandatory
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (Preferred)
- QLD Safeworking System qualifications (Preferred)
- Ability to train and give clear instructions
- Great communication skills, both verbally and written
- Ability to work in teams effectively to achieve goals
- Good organisational skills, including the ability to keep accurate records.
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Why you’ll love Aurizon
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets. We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers