Driver Guides - English & Language required in Central Australia
Are you looking for an unforgettable outback adventure, in a place where you can truly explore with all your senses? Ever wanted to challenge yourself and be immersed in the real outback? Are you a passionate, highly skilled communicator, a team player and want an experience of a lifetime? We are looking for professional, well-presented, enthusiastic, environmentally aware English, German, Italian, Spanish & French speaking men and women who have a passion for the environment and culture of this extraordinary region. Experience as a tour guide is not essential, although desired. However, you will be an excellent communicator, a hands-on people person and a team player.
Who we are
SEIT Outback Australia is a small group touring company operating quality, exclusive touring in central Australia.
SEIT Outback Australia offers exciting, adventurous, exclusive and specialised touring in the Red Centre of Australia, focusing on iconic, pioneering and cultural experiences. Our philosophy is based on the key words of Spirit, Emotion, Intellect and Task. Many of the tour inclusions are exclusive to SEIT Outback Australia and provide authentic indigenous and cultural experiences. Itineraries are customised for small groups with a maximum group size of 11 passengers, as well as various size private charters. SEIT Outback Australia guides have a passion for culture, history and the environment.
We are part of The Travel Corporation (TTC) where the philosophy is to create enriching experiences for traveller’s by combining an unbeatable mix of exceptional service and quality at great value.
At SEIT Outback Australia and our global family-owned parent company, The Travel Corporation (TTC), we believe in pushing boundaries to provide remarkable experiences.
We have several Permanent Full-Time Driver Guide positions based at our Uluru (Ayers Rock) Resort in Yulara.
You will deliver exceptional tours around Alice Springs and the MacDonnell Ranges, Kata Tjuta, Uluru, Mount Connor & Kings Canyon. Truly no two days are the same!
You will be reimbursed for costs associated with Police Check, Medical Check and required Certificates/Licenses (for eligible employees). You will also benefit from our free Uluru Kata Tjuta National Park Accreditation Program.
Living in the outback is a challenge with many opportunities. The township of Yulara is well-equipped with a supermarket, police station, medical centre, gym and swimming pools, among other facilities. The Yulara community has a strong social and sporting environment – Full Training provided.
- Deliver exceptional customer experience to all our guests.
- Provide entertaining, timely and engaging commentary, presenting information in a clear and professional manner.
- Ensure maximum standards of safety, care, and comfort for guests.
- Follow processes and procedures, including incident reporting.
- Be a great storyteller as you take our guests on local experiences full of history and culture.
- Regular travel and weekend work will be required.
If you have any of the following, we’d like to talk with you
- Current & valid Australian Drivers License. Ability to Drive Manual desired.
- Current Senior First Aid certificate and CPR certification - or willingness to obtain.
- Current NT Vehicle Passenger Authority – or willingness to obtain – this is comprised of: Police Check & Medical Check
- NT Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA)– or willingness to obtain.
- Great Communication skills, strong quality service attitude and approach to guests
- Basic mechanical knowledge
- Ability to work effectively within the team, autonomously and unsupervised.
- Have a reasonable level of fitness (lifting to 20kgs and a fair amount of walking)
- Ability to commit to the role for a minimum of 6 months.
- knowledge, experience or willingness to learn about 4WD vehicles and general vehicle maintenance
- Uluru Kata Tjuta National Park Knowledge for Tour Guides accreditation certificate or willingness to obtain.
- Fully Furnished Staff Accommodation organized prior to your arrival.
- Relocation assistance up to $1000
- Reimbursement of costs associated with Police Check, Medical Check and required Certificates/Licenses for eligible employees.
- Free Uluru Kata Tjuta National Park Accreditation Program.
- 5 weeks Annual Leave
- Staff travel discounts for family and friends.
- 12 weeks paid parental leave – for eligible employees.
- 2 team engagement days per year to share quality time with your team.
- Access to retail and wellbeing discounts
- 2 days paid leave per year for volunteer opportunities of your choice.
- Great team culture, working with people who are passionate about travel.
The Travel Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We not only encourage and support diversity in the workplace, but we also celebrate it! If you feel you have the skills and experience to thrive in a supportive and inclusive environment, we want to hear from you!