Drillers Offsider – Underground
- DIDO – to a coal mine in Bowen Basin
- 12 hour shifts
- 7/7 – Rotating DS/NS
About the Client:
Our client has been supplying specialist mining equipment and related services for more than 30 years.
About the Mine Site:
Our client has secured an on-going contract for a underground coal mine located in the Bowen Basin at Crinum, 51 km northeast of Emerald in Central Queensland, Australia. The mine has coal reserves amounting to 158 million tonnes of coking coal, one of the largest coal reserves in Asia and the world
About the Role:
WorkPac are seeking an experienced underground driller off-sider to come join our clients growing team in an on-going capacity.
Start Date: ASAP
DIDO Roster: Rotating DS/NS – 7/7
Pay Rate: $60 per hour flat rate – travel will be paid up to 4 hours depending on your location to the site
This role will suit someone who enjoys working underground and is looking for their next underground driller offsider position around Emerald, Queensland.
Camp and meals provided by client
• Help move drilling rigs and equipment from site to site
• Connect power cables or hoses for water and air supply
• Help obtain drilling core samples
• Dig and clean mud pits and drains
• Mix and test drilling fluids, chemicals and grout
• Assist in slotting, welding and inserting casing screens
• Assist with well development and pumping tests
• Operate equipment, such as pumps for air, water and mud
• Use equipment and tools to correct problems in drilled holes caused by mechanical breakdowns or by harmful natural conditions
• Carry out minor maintenance and repairs, including lubrication and cleaning
• Follow our client's direction and adhere to their safe work practices/policies
• Underground coal mine driller experience (if you have drift runner experience ideal)
• Hold a current drivers license
• Must have a current coal board medical and standard 11 with underground certificate
• Safe driving record – this role is offered on a drive in drive out basis so familiarity with adhering to a journey management plan is ideal
• Have full Working Rights in Australia - role has full time hours
• Tech savvy - need to be able to enter in your work hours into our digital timesheet portal
• Be able to pass pre-employment medical as well as any random drug & alcohol test on site
WorkPac is Australia's leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, light industrial and healthcare sectors. We are proud to partner with some of the country's leading companies to deliver rewarding permanent, contract, temporary and traineeship recruitment opportunities.
Click on the “apply button” or for more information contact
Name - Linda Le
Job reference Number: Q.INDJ2022154981
At WorkPac, we recognise we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.