Rolleston Open Cut is a 16Mtpa thermal coal mine located in the southern Bowen Basin in Central Queensland. With a long life of mine and low operating costs, the mine has a bright outlook. Since 2005, we have grown to become one of the largest surface mines in Australia, whilst continuing to foster a culture underpinned by safety, achievement, flexibility and teamwork to improve the skills of each and every person on the mine site every day. We are a hands-on team who all work together to meet our objectives. No job or day is the same with us, and we never miss an opportunity to share, learn and improve.
We are looking for the next responsible person to lead and handle a team, communicate and negotiate, and have the ability to work with a range of people across different departments at Rolleston Coal to ensure that targeted availabilities are achieved and exceeded.
If you're looking for your next challenge at a world class mine, we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the Mine Manager, you will work closely with the Dragline and Drill supervisors to ensure the safety of your team, productivity targets are achieved, and mining schedules are followed. You’re a results driven leader who’ll work closely with the Technical Services Team to effectively manage planning activities to achieve quality results.
This is a Monday to Friday role with the ability to make a real difference.
As a Dragline, Drills, Bulk Dozer and Rehabilitation Superintendent at Rolleston Coal, you know how to lead and handle a large team, communicate and negotiate, and have the ability to work with a range of people across different departments. You will work closely with the Mining Superintendents to ensure the safety of your team, production and productivity targets are achieved, and mining schedules are followed. This will occur by removing yourself from the daily engagement of the Production team to a more tactical mid-term position. You’re a results-driven leader who’ll work closely with the Technical Services team to develop mine plans and schedules and the Maintenance team to effectively manage the assets to achieve or exceed budget utilisation and production rates.
About you and Requirements of the Role:
- Qualified Open Cut Examiner with G1 and G2 Qualifications (desirable);
- Heavy equipment operating experience
- Tertiary qualifications in mining-related discipline (desirable);
- Thorough understanding of Qld Coal Mining Statutory obligations;
- Provide support and development for your supervisors;
- Well-developed interpersonal skills as this role deals with all levels of the organisation;
- Pride yourself in your ability to motivate crews, set expectations, ensure consistency and fairness and lead your team to success;
- A flexible attitude and a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and problem solve;
- Identify obstacles and implement strategies to overcome them;
- Proven previous experience in a similar role at a senior level or ready to develop into a leader.
In addition, Rolleston Coal will also offer:
- Company vehicle in line with our light vehicle policy;
- Free company housing and relocation costs if moving to the local area;
- Village accommodation free of charge (including meals & gym access) if the preference is to reside on-site, in a family friendly environment;
- Generous Private Health Insurance Allowance on each employment anniversary;
- Competitive base salary;
- Annual performance bonus;
- Support towards further education.
If you value achievement, career progression, a challenge and are keen to continue to develop and learn, we welcome your application.
For further information about this role, please contact Cameron Bird on 0417 304 044
Applications close: 29 May 2022
All internal applicants should discuss their interest in this position with their Manager prior to submitting an application.