Ergon Energy Network and Energex supply electricity to residential and business customers Queensland-wide. Your energy can help us deliver and maintain a world-lass electricity distribution network to our communities. We are part of Energy Queensland and have depots and offices located throughout Queensland.
Energex has a permanent opportunity at our Newstead, Rockhampton or Townsville depot for a Distribution Management Systems (DMS) Specialist.
The DMS platform has an opportunity for a suitably qualified IT Specialist or Engineer to take up a permanent role in the DMS platform as a DMS Systems Specialist. This position may be located in Brisbane (Newstead), Rockhampton, or Townsville. We are inviting applications from both EQL Employees and the external market.
The DMS Specialist Role provides the specialist technical capability required to maintain, support and enhance/upgrade the systems that comprise the Energy Queensland (EQL) implementation of the GE Advanced Distribution Management System (ADMS). The EQL GE ADMS is a large, highly complex, mission-critical system used for power network control and network outage management and spans the Queensland electrical energy grid.
Your deep understanding of electrical distribution management operational technologies and systems coupled with demonstrated capabilities in solving complex support and solution design issues in this domain is essential to performance in this role.
Other key criteria in this role are:
· Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computing or Engineering or equivalent qualification and significant equivalent working knowledge and
· Significant experience working within a team of specialists on critical components of large, highly complex, Operational Technology systems development/integration projects.
· Significant experience working within a team of specialists’ conducting system support and maintenance activity associated with large, highly complex, Operational
Technology systems. This would include ensuring compliance and system maintenance activity is completed as required, engaging in incident and problem
resolution and system change management using a defined service management framework.
· Demonstrated knowledge and significant experience with Linux/UNIX systems administration, preferably Red Hat Linux
· Demonstrated significant knowledge with the design/development on or administration of large, multi-schema Oracle RDMS implementing complex data models.
· Proven ability to function well and reliably in situations of high pressure and stress, including demonstrated ability to make informed and safe decisions in regard to intervention on mission-critical systems under such circumstances
· Participation in an after-hours standby roster
At Energy Queensland our people are at the heart of our business and are central to delivering for our customers and communities. We are focused on developing our people to ensure they have the skills and capabilities to strive and thrive in a diverse and inclusive environment.
We pride ourselves on providing equal opportunities, training opportunities, an employee assistance program, various leave options amongst many other benefits which are a key foundation to our success.
For more information about these roles, click on the Position Description link located at the bottom of the page.
Renumeration ranges between $125K to $144K
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please click the APPLY icon on this page to be redirected to this position on Energy Queensland’s Careers website.
Your application should include a current resume, and a cover letter which highlights your experience and suitability for the role. As part of your application you will also be required to indicate your preferred work location.
Applications will close at 11.00pm, Sunday 22 January 2022.