- Casual opportunities available in Gladstone working across a range of our new service delivery modules (Support Independent Living, Short Term Accommodation & Respite) which will include supporting customers with intense needs
- $38.08 per hour casually plus applicable shift allowances
- We are for people, not for profit! Join our for-purpose organisation and make a real difference by empowering our customers to live their best lives!
- What are some of the perks of working with LiveBetter? Rewards, recognition and well-being initiatives including fitness passport. Learning and development opportunities with diverse career pathways!
LiveBetter Community Services are one of the largest regionally based providers of community services in Eastern Australia. We strive to enable the people of regional Australia to live their best lives. We know that our staff are our greatest asset and offer:
- Investment in staff training & development with opportunities for diverse career paths
- A flexible & family friendly workplace
- The opportunity to take advantage of great salary packaging benefits
For further info about us and to see for yourself the great things that we do, you can visit:
The Disability Services Team provide Community based programs, respite services, accommodation, residential services and vocational programs under the NDIS and through state-based funding in line with the NDIS Practice Standards, NDIS Code of Conduct, the Disability Inclusion Act, the National Disability Insurance Scheme Act, and all LiveBetter policies and procedures.
Disability Support Workers provide direct customer care which aims to promote the dignity of our customers and support them to develop their potential. You may be required to work with customers one-on-one, in home, or in a group basis and at times alongside other Disability Support Workers to meet the individual needs of our customers.
Some key accountabilities of the role include:
- Contributing to developing, following and implementing programs that support customers in developing skills associated with daily living.
- Support people with intensive support needs, including people with complex medical conditions and challenging behaviours.
- Provide support to customers who require assistance with tasks of daily living, personal care, domestic assistance and medication administration.
- Supporting customers in developing skills covering all aspects of personal development and daily living as defined by goals set in their Individual Plans.
- Support customers in developing skills covering all aspects of personal development and daily living as defined by goals set in their Individual Plan (IP).
What LiveBetter needs from you
We would love to hear from you if you are a professional and caring person who is prepared to embrace our values of Integrity, Respect, Cooperation, Empowerment and Excellence in your day to day work life. You will be a compassionate person with a great work ethic and a real desire to assist disabled persons in your community. To be successful in this role, you will also have these skills/qualifications:
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently, whilst enjoying a degree of responsibility in your position.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Current First Aid Certificate including CPR Qualification.
- Current Australian Drivers Licence.
- Availability of a fully registered and comprehensively insured vehicle
- Transferable life and work skills along with a caring & compassionate approach.
- Personal morals, values and attitudes that aim to support the dignity and independence of our customers.
- Willingness to undertake personal care services with our customers.
- Ability to use technology such as smart phones and computers.
- Completion of NDIS Worker Orientation Module ‘Quality, Safety and You’*
* The NDIS Worker Orientation Module ‘Quality, Safety and You’ is an interactive online course that explains the obligations of workers under the NDIS Code of Conduct – from the perspective of NDIS participants. All registered NDIS providers under the NDIS Commission require that this module be completed to undertake work within Disability Services. Completion of the module will take approximately 90 minutes and is free. You can save, exit and return to the module at any time. Once completed, you will receive a certificate of completion that is to be provided when applying for any Disability services related roles.
Training can be accessed here: https://training.ndiscommission.gov.au/
- Certificate III in Disability, Welfare, Individual Support or equivalent.
- Six (6) months relevant experience.
- Ability to develop, implement and monitor individual plans.
- Flexibility and availability to work across a varying, rotating roster - 24 hour a day, 7 days a week.
Please note - candidates applying for a Disability Support Worker role will require flexibility to work a variety of shifts across a rotating shift roster which will include nights, weekends, days and afternoons.
For detailed information about this role please refer to the position description on our website (SEEK candidates click apply and you will be directed to our website).
You will also be required to obtain an NDIS Worker Screening Clearance, pass a National Criminal Check, obtain a QLD Blue Card and pre-employment wellness check (including drug and alcohol screening).
Sounds great? What next?
To apply for this role, you must provide as part of the online application process:
- An up-to-date copy of your resume
- Responses to our mandatory questions when submitting your application (You will be prompted to do this).
Closing date: 11:59pm, Thursday 17th November 2022
Enquiries: Grace Gorton – Recruitment Advisor: 0448 288 835
A talent pool may be created from this recruitment campaign to potentially fill future vacancies with similar capability requirements.
LiveBetter is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
To ensure that reasonable preventative measures are taken to facilitate the health and safety of our staff, customers and the communities within which we operate, LiveBetter requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and maintain up to date vaccination.