ITEC Group Australia comprises of numerous divisions and partnerships that work together to provide a wide range of human, community and enterprise services to various regions across Australia. Founded 26 years ago, we're a proud Australian family owned and operated company. We work towards a higher purpose, to be conscious of our business values and care for all involved in our operations, ensuring our staff, participants, youth, clients, families and communities will THRIVE
We are seeking enthusiastic and passionate individuals to join our team as we grow. We currently have positions available in the following locations:
Location | Location
About the role:
As a Disability Support Worker, you will be responsible for supporting our participants to live as independently as possible by assisting them to achieve their personal goals.
- Supporting participants to arrange/ attend appointments
- Assisting with daily domestic duties and personal care
- Encouraging and supporting participants to engage in the community
- Supporting participants to accomplish skill building activities allowing them to achieve their individualised goals.
- Completing shift notes and any other documentation required
- Assisting with administration of medication
- Reporting directly to your line supervisor
- Supporting participants to make informed choices
To be a successful applicant you will meet the following criteria:
- Ability to quickly build & maintain a positive and trusting rapport
- Demonstrate the ability to take initiative
- Be resilient and respond appropriately to complex and challenging behaviours
- Have a passion to support people to achieve their goals
- Want to work in a supportive and inclusive environment
- Display enthusiasm
- Willingness to engage in training to increase capacity of both yourself and the participants
- Work well within a team environment
- Eager to work in a SIL and Community Access environment
- Flexible and adaptable
- Available to work a variety of shifts including, weekends, public holidays and overnight.
- Confidence to work independently and recall strategies and procedures in any given situation
- Experience working with Psychosocial Disabilities will be highly regarded.
What are the requirements for the role?
- Cert III in Individual Support or similar (or willingness to enrol)
- Current Drivers License
- Current First Aid and CPR (or willingness to obtain)
- Current Blue Card (or willingness to obtain)
- Current Yellow Card/NDIS Worker Screening Clearance (or willingness to obtain)
- Current National Police Check (completed in the last 3 months) or willingness to obtain
- Work Rights for Australia
It is a requirement of this role that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Evidence of vaccination will be required if you are successful.
Click Apply Now to be considered for this role.