Director Teacher - C&K Waratah Crescent Community Kindergarten
- Kindergarten Teacher Co-Director Position
- Permanent Part time; 5-day fortnight
- Working 7.5 hours every Monday, Tuesday and alternate Wednesday
- Start your new Teaching role with C&K in Term 3 2022
About the role:
At our C&K Waratah Crescent Community Kindergarten, which is situated in the Gladstone region, an opportunity has come available for an experienced Early Childhood Professional to join the Centre as the Director Teacher in 2022. As the Director Teacher you will be a part of a Centre which is proud to be a part of the community. C&K Waratah Crescent Community Kindergarten provides high quality educational experiences through Listening and Learning Together - C&K's Revised Curriculum Approach and encouraging children to express their own ideas through play to develop friendships, explore, solve problems, help others, imagine, create and extend on their interests.
- Permanent part time position
- 5-day fortnight working: Monday, Tuesday and alternate Wednesday
- Commencing in July 2022.
- Training, support and professional development through C&K
What we will require from you as a Teacher Director:
For this Teacher Director position, we are looking for someone who is a self-starter, armed with a creative vision and ready to take on the Director role as well as the Teaching. Previous Director/Nominated Supervisor experience is desirable. You must be approachable and possess excellent communication skills, you will be required to have a hands-on approach to managing the service operationally.
You must have the ability to document and assess children's learning and development. Ability to support the room educators to utilise a variety of teaching strategies including intentional teaching and reflective practice in daily work.
We are looking for someone who will treat all children with dignity and respect, embracing each child's unique family and background, maintaining an environment that is tolerant and respectful of child and family cultures, values and differences.
You will be given training and support to C&K's new revised curriculum "Listening & Learning Together". C&K offers an online learning education hub and has a dedicated Learning and Development department which provides our employees access to online training and courses.
As well as;
- Beautiful natural learning environments for children and educators to learn together
- Work for one of Queensland's leading early education not-for-profit providers
- Opportunity to work within a highly reputable early childhood setting
- Career progression opportunities
- C&K pays for our permanent staff to have a paid blue card and renewals
- Build your networks through C&K in the Early Childhood sector
- Feel connected through regular C&K updates, use of online systems, access to policies and procedures and online learning
- Feeling connected through your community
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Salary packaging options & above award wage
- Corporate Health Insurance Program
- Access to an employee assistance program (EAP)
- First Aid training and support
Ideal candidates will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in early childhood or equivalent (recognised by ACECQA as an early childhood teaching qualification)
- Current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers desirable
- Knowledge of National Quality Framework and Standards ("NQF" and "NQS"), the Queensland Kindergarten guidelines
- Current paid or Exemption Blue Card
- Current First Aid, CPR and Asthma and Anaphylaxis
- An understanding of the provision of a safe, well planned indoor and outdoor learning environment
- An ability to document observations of children's behaviour and development
- An ability to implement a planned program, ensuring the needs of individual children and the group are met
- Demonstrated experience managing, mentoring and supporting early childhood education and care services/programs to deliver high quality outcomes, and in building a capable and engaged workforce.
Evidence of sound professional experience that shows initiative and strong sense of personal responsibility for meeting objectives, modelling of professional and ethical behaviour, commitment to personal development; and display or courage in the provision of advice and decision making.
If you are ready for the next step in your career, please apply now and ensure you include a cover letter stating why you would be perfect for this role; and what new and exciting ideas you could bring to this service.
What's different about C&K Waratah Crescent Community Kindergarten:
- One of C&K’s recognised Exceeding community Kindergartens
- Situated on the grounds of Tannum Sands State School
- Single unit kindy that caters to 22 children
- Strong Community Spirit, involvement with the Tannum Sands State School, local groups, events and celebrations
- Read and discover more about our Kindergarten here https://www.candk.asn.au/waratahcrescent
- Well-resourced Kindergarten with a focus on, music, drama, literature and visual arts.
- Large, open natural play spaces with outdoors and indoors environments
C&K is proud to be the largest and longest established provider of community based early childhood education and care services in Queensland. Working at C&K you have access to many benefits which include, but not limited to, above award wages, salary packaging options, priority access to childcare and kindergarten centres and study through our C&K College.
C&K is committed to an inclusive workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Please be aware that the Queensland Government’s COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements for Workers in a high-risk setting Direction requires all workers who enter, work in, or provide services in an early childhood education and care setting to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. This Direction applies to C&K.
All C&K employees are required to undergo background checks which includes police checks.
Please note the advertising closing date is indicative only. C&K reserve the right to close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, it is encouraged that you submit your application as soon as possible.