Director Teacher - C&K Coo-Inda Community Kindergarten
- Director Teacher position
- Commence in April 2022
- Permanent Full Time 37.5 hours per week.
- Monday to Friday 7.5 hours a day
About the role:
At C&K Coo-Inda Community Kindergarten, which is situated in Biloela, Central QLD, an exciting opportunity has come available for a passionate Kindergarten Teacher to join the team. This Kindergarten is recognised as one of C&K's exceeding services. C&K Coo-inda Community Kindergarten is made up of a passionate and dedicated team who are supportive and always welcoming. This service is eager to welcome their new Teacher Director. With extensive resources and a wonderful learning environment, this is the perfect way to continue your career within the early childhood industry.
The Kindergarten is a family where everyone has a voice, which is respected. We believe that each staff bring their own strengths and knowledge which is highly valued. This role will see you being part of a community Kindergarten which supports the local communities' families and children as well as feeling supported and mentored by C&K.
As the Director Teacher you will deliver the kindergarten program, while managing the Kindergarten as a whole. We are looking for someone with exceptional skills to build relationships with families and children from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
What we will require from you as a Teacher Director:
For this Teacher Director position, we are looking for someone who is a self-starter, is passionate about community and is armed with a creative vision. You must be committed to continuous improvement; through a collaborative approach with colleagues, community, families and children. Previous Director Teacher experience is desirable and previous experience working within one of C&K's Community Kindergartens highly regarded. You must be an approachable leader amongst the community of families, children and employees; with a hands-on approach in managing the service operationally. Newly graduated teachers are encouraged to apply, this is a fantastic opportunity to hone your skills and take the next step in your teaching career.
Know more about our exceptional kindergarten here - https://www.candk.asn.au/cooinda
You will be given training and support to C&K's new revised curriculum "Listening & Learning Together". C&K offers an online learning education hub and has a dedicated Learning and Development department which provides our employees access to online training and courses for our employees to access.
As well as;
- Beautiful natural learning environments for children and educators to learn together
- Work for one of Queensland's leading early education not-for-profit providers
- Opportunity to work within a highly reputable early childhood setting
- Career progression opportunities
- Access to Regional support teams which includes an Early Childhood Pedagogy Advisor and Early Childhood Education Manager. Along with a Central office team based in Brisbane
- Build your networks through C&K in the Early Childhood sector
- Feel connected through regular C&K updates, use of online systems, access to policies and procedures and online learning
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Salary packaging options & above award wage
- Corporate Health Insurance Program
- Access to an employee assistance program (EAP)
To be successful for this role:
- Bachelor's Degree in early childhood or equivalent (recognised by ACECQA as an early childhood teaching qualification)
- Knowledge of National Quality Framework and Standards ("NQF" and "NQS"), the Queensland Kindergarten guidelines
- Current Paid or Exemption Blue Card
- Current First Aid, CPR and Asthma and Anaphylaxis
- An understanding of the provision of a safe, well planned indoor and outdoor learning environment
- An ability to document observations of children's behaviour and development
- An ability to implement a planned program, ensuring the needs of individual children and the group are met
- Demonstrated experience managing, mentoring and supporting early childhood education and care services/programs to deliver high quality outcomes, and in building a capable and engaged workforce.
- Evidence of sound professional experience that shows initiative and strong sense of personal responsibility for meeting objectives, modelling of professional and ethical behaviour, commitment to personal development; and display or courage in the provision of advice and decision making.
C&K is proud to be the largest and longest established provider with nearly 350 early childhood education and care services located in Queensland. C&K acknowledges that each child and family have unique early education and care requirements and so we provide a range of different programs including childcare, kindergarten, outside school hours' care and integrated services.
C&K is committed to an inclusive workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
All C&K employees are required to undergo background checks which includes police checks.
Please note the advertising closing date is indicative only. C&K reserve the right to close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, it is encouraged that you submit your application as soon as possible.