If you enjoy challenging but rewarding work and share our vision of an inclusive society, we will provide the training, supportive culture, and connections to help you to make the most of this opportunity.
We are in need of casual and permanent part-time Direct Support Workers in Rockhampton and surrounding areas.
As a Direct Support Worker, you’ll be an integral part of the lives of people of all ages and backgrounds. You will assist with:
- Providing support on matters of personal care, including showering, toileting, dressing and more
- Administering medications
- Transferring individuals using hoists and slide sheets, and general assistance with mobility
- Domestic duties including cleaning, laundry or meal preparation
- Community engagement, such as attending doctors appointments, grocery shopping or other social or recreational activities of their choice
This role is ideal for people who:
- CPL provide 24/7 assistance, meaning the more available you are, the more shifts we can potentially offer you
- Sleepover availability essential
- Are great communicators dedicated to providing the best service for every person
- Are even better listeners who can work autonomously, as well as under direction and within a team environment
- Calm and confident in all different environments and understand the importance of professional boundaries
- Can provide personal care with dignity and sensitivity to our clients
- Believe in an inclusive society and value client focus, respect, inclusion, integrity, excellence, and courage
As a team member, you will enjoy the benefits of:
- An hourly rate based on your industry-related experience and qualifications
- Above award minimum pay level of $32.62/hr at Level 1.1 for those entering the industry on a casual position
- Paid industry-leading training provided by health professionals to all employees
- Additional penalty rates for night and weekend shifts (as per the SCHADS Award)
- Salary packaging benefits for permanent part-time employees
- Flexibility to support your lifestyle and commitments
- Support and continued professional development
Before you commence, you will need:
- Driver's License and access to own vehicle
- Current First Aid and CPR certificates
- A Blue Card (Working with Children Card)
- An NDIS Worker Screening Check (Working with Individuals with Disabilities, formerly a Yellow Card)
- Full COVID-19 vaccinations (proof of 2 doses from MyGov)
- A smartphone with an iOS 13.0 and up operating system or an Android 6.0 and up operating system
CPL are happy to assist in obtaining these necessary checks if you are successful.
The CPL Group acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia, and we pay our respects to Elders past, present, and emerging. We are committed to honouring Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and their unique cultural and spiritual relationship to land, water, and seas and their rich contribution to society.
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter. For a confidential discussion, please contact the recruitment team firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting Ref No. 839899. Do not apply via this email.