About the Role:
The primary focus of this role is to repair, rebuild and overhaul a large range of Caterpillar components for our Central QLD customers. "If you're looking to get out of FIFO/DIDO, work close to home, be home every night or are looking to expand into the heavy equipment industry, this is the job for you".
With a workshop of 100+ staff, this is an exciting opportunity to work in a world class facility and access the latest in CAT equipment, technology, and training resources. These positions are permanent fulltime positions, working a Monday to Friday roster with overtime available as required. The component rebuild center offers great versatility, giving you the ability to work across a range of departments including:
- Torque Converters
- Hydraulic Cylinders
- Machine Shop
- Small Components
- Hydraulic Excavator Components
- Component Test Sections
In this role, your key responsibilities will include:
- Effective rebuild, repair and maintenance of a range of Caterpillar Equipment Componentry.
- Increase productivity by completing all repairs and overhauls in a safe and timely manner.
- Detailed inspections of all disassembled parts for reusability within specified guidelines.
- Accurately maintain detailed reports associated paperwork with rebuild or repair tasks.
- Ensure cleanliness and quality is of the highest standard at all times.
- Perform efficiently by working to a schedule of daily overhaul requirements.
- Promote and operate in a safe manner at all times.
You will bring the following skills and experience to the role:
- Trade Qualification - Cert III Engineering (Automotive Mechanics, Mechanical Fitters, Fitter & Turners, Mechanical trades & Diesel Fitters)
- Demonstrated post trade mechanical fitting experience.
- Component experience in Caterpillar equipment is desired.
- Computer literate, along with experience in SIS is desirable.
- Strong commitment to maintain a high level of workplace health and safety.
- The ability to work within a team and unsupervised.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Be available for day & afternoon rotating weekly work shifts.
About the Offer
Hastings Deering offers a wide range of benefits including:
- Enterprise Agreement with competency level pay increases.
- $$ 5K sign on bonus $$
- A rewarding career with diverse opportunities, Career Development training and upskilling courses are available.
- Uniforms and PPE provided.
- Income Protection Insurance included.
- A competitive hourly rate
- Discounts on private health, vehicles, travel and more
- A culture of innovation, collaboration, and execution
- Ongoing training & support to further your career.
- Competency based pay increases.
- Employee Assistance Program for employees and their families
- Overtime available.
- Employee incentive program
- Ability to flex overtime to suit lifestyle.
- Paid parental leave options for primary and secondary carers.
Contact: Lily Dann, Talent Acquisition Partner
More info: www.hastingsdeering.com.au
Every day, thousands of people come to work at Hastings Deering and every time they walk through our doors, we want them to know how valued they are. Our Flexibility and Inclusion program, 'Together as One', is designed to create a diverse, inclusive and powerful workforce where all our people feel like they belong, and we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.