National Group - You're not just a number!
This position is an outstanding career opportunity for a Diesel Mechanic, preferably with a background in open-cut mining. This exciting role will provide diverse exposure to operations in the Bowen Basin and our class-leading fleet of machines.
About the company
The National Group is a leading mining-services company in Australia. For 25 years, we have supplied heavy-earthmoving equipment and end-to-end mining services to the world’s largest resource companies. Our machinery is used at flagship Australian mines to produce iron ore, coal, gold, nickel and other commodities.
About the role
Note: We require several diesel fitters at the following sites - Peak Downs, Goonyella, Poitrel, Lake Lindsay, Oak Park and Nebo.
- Permanent full-time role
- Preventative maintenance and availability
- Scheduled servicing, change outs and repairs
- Breakdown diagnostic support
- Strong commitment to workplace safety, continuous improvement and technical excellence
- Contribute towards any improvements or initiatives relating to productivity or costs
Skills & experience
- Australian recognised trade completion certificate and minimum 5 years post trade experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with extra large mining equipment
- Working at heights & EWP tickets advantageous
- Current QLD Coal Board Medical and Standard 11 required
- Outstanding troubleshooting / diagnostic skills
- Permanent full time roles, no ‘casual to perm’ clause
- 7 on 7 off rotating day/night roster
- Work for a 100% privately owned Australian company
- Big company experience, with a family-owned company feel
- Accommodation and meals provided