About the business and the role
Shepherd Diesel is a family owned company specialising in earthmoving machinery hire in the mining and civil industries across Central Queensland. We require an experienced diesel fitter who is a competent and highly motivated person, with a safety first attitude. The successful candidate will have extensive experience working on a range of earthmoving equipment.
In this role, you will be required to undertake work at Rolleston Coal mine and possibly other locations across CQ. A current S11 is an advantage and you must be able to pass a CBM and Jobfit PEFA assessment.
Job tasks and responsibilities
The successful candidate must have:
- Strong hydraulic and electrical diagnostic skills
- Be competent to undertake ongoing preventative and breakdown maintenance
- Undertake maintenance planning and organise / prioritise work
- Be confident to work alone or alongside others.
- S123 an advantage
Skills and experience
Experience across the following range of equipment an advantage:
- Graders - 14M, 140H, 16H
- Excavators - PC350, 349DL, ZX50
- Loaders - 972G, IT38G, WA480
- Dump trucks - Cat 740
- Dozers - D6R, D8T, D11T
- Road trucks - Isuzu FVZ1400
- Scrapers - 627G
- Crushing & Screening Equipment
Please send your resume with three referee contacts. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.