ENGINEERING TRADESPERSON - MECHANICAL
Location: Blackwater, QLD, 4717
About the Business
Yancoal Australia is Australia's largest pure play coal producer. It boasts three tier one thermal coal mines in New South Wales together with interests in three other metallurgical and thermal coal mines located in New South Wales and Queensland. Yancoal Australia also manages five other Australian coal mines on behalf of related parties. Yancoal currently employs over 3,000 people across its operations. At Yancoal our people are our most valuable asset and we invest in developing our management and leadership talent throughout our operations.
Yarrabee Coal Company a wholly owned subsidiary of Yancoal Australia, based in Blackwater Queensland, 2 hours drive west of Rockhampton.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for 3 Diesel Fitters to join our Maintenance Team at Yarrabee Mine.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Crew Supervisor, you will be a part of a dynamic and motivated team. You will responsible for supporting the Maintenance team with ensuring reliable mechanical systems are in place on site to allow for maximum machine availability and safety across site. You will develop a high degree of proficiency and working knowledge of Yarrabee's plant and equipment; more over you must be able to perform service and repairs with minimal supervision from the Crew Supervisor.
Roster: 7/7; Day/Night; 12 hour shifts
To be successful in this position you will hold the below qualifications & experience;
- Relevant diesel fitter/heavy vehicle trade qualifications
- Previous experience in the maintenance of plant and machinery within a mining or heavy industry environment
- Current Standard 11 Mine Induction (Surface) - or willing to obtain
- Current Queensland Driver's licence
- Sound communication skills
- Basic computer skills, word processing and spread sheeting
- Good fault finding skills on heavy mining equipment
- Ability to exercise initiative and work both independently and co-operatively as required
Yancoal provides a range of benefits to appeal to the diverse needs of our employees.
The following benefits are available to eligible wages employees:
- Discounted Private Health Insurance
- Annualised Fortnightly Pay
- Subsidised Camp Accommodation
- Salary Sacrifice Options
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Service Recognition
- Paid Parental Leave Provisions
- Great Local Living Allowance
- Local Sporting Allowance
If you would like to apply for this role please click the Apply button.
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We reserve the right to close the advertisement before the advertised end date and commence recruitment proceedings immediately.