Your new company
Mackellar is one of Australia’s largest privately owned mining equipment & service providers in Mining and Civil Earthmoving. We are the mining services contractor for Bravus’ Carmichael Mine and together we are creating jobs and opportunities for regional Queensland. Production is in full swing at the mine site located in the Galilee Basin and we’re excited to be building our team with these additional roles as we ramp up our next fleets!
Townsville and Rockhampton are our primary recruitment hubs and we are also offering flights from Mackay. We also encourage and will consider applicants from all regional Queensland communities.
What’s on offer:
Your new role:
- Flights paid for out of Rockhampton, Townsville or Mackay for a 7/7 Roster
- Competitive pay rates starting at $69.91 per hour plus Superannuation paid on all hours
- Attractive retention incentive scheme on offer ($3k first year, $6k second year, $9k third year, conditions apply)
- Eligible for the employee referral bonus of $2500 for successful referrals
- Transparent and structured upskilling program
- Meals, camp accommodation (gym and wet mess on site), PPE provided
What you'll need to succeed:
- Secure a permanent opportunity within our on-site maintenance department, working a 7/7 rotating roster your duties include;
- Be involved with all areas of mobile machine maintenance, including component replacement, component overhaul, general repairs, fault diagnostics, PM servicing, daily refuelling and inspections
- Be flexible with work hours, with the ability to work day and night shifts
- Ensure planned repairs are executed within time and cost requirements
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and work within teams to develop and implement solutions.
- A trade certificate with post-trade experience or equivalent experience (Heavy Duty Diesel Fitter or Plant Mechanic)
- Current Standard 11 and Drivers Licence
- Experience with heavy earth moving equipment with mine site experience highly advantageous
If you’re an experienced Diesel Fitter with an excellent work ethic, attitude and safety conscious approach, then we want to talk to you.
Only those with the relevant experience and qualifications will be contacted.
We are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.