About the Role
We have multiple opportunities across various Mine Sites in the Bowen Basin supporting CAT Machinery and equipment. We are seeking experienced and highly motivated Diesel Fitters to join our Field Services team in 2023.
- Roster - 7/7 DAY/NIGHT shifts
- Coal Mine Rates & Allowances
- Drive In/Drive Out - Gate to Gate (ex Rocky/Mackay - CQ Region)
- Locations include; Dawson, Rolleston & Middlemount
- Circa $170k + Total Remuneration
- Commencement Incentive to HDAL $5K
Your key responsibilities will also include:
- Perform maintenance, repairs and warranty on fleet machinery
- Provide outstanding customer service by ensuring our valued customers are kept well informed of all matters in relation to job progress and costs.
- Ensure repairs are carried out using the appropriate control guidelines to ensure that rework does not occur.
- Determine reusability of all disassembled parts.
- Submit accurate service reports, timecards, parts request sheets and parts quotes.
- Support the sale of genuine parts, and when requested, give guidance and advice to the customer on supply of genuine parts.
You will bring the following skills and experience to the role:
About the Benefits
- Relevant Trade qualifications and demonstrated service and repair experience on CAT
- Site based mining roles will require current coal board medical and a Std 11 Qualification or the ability to acquire via HDAL
- Industry experience earthmoving, construction, quarrying, local council, maritime port, and agricultural customers will be highly regarded
- Well-developed communication and customer service skills
- The ability to work autonomously and as a team as required
- Demonstrated and proven ability with desktop computers and devices
- Experience on Caterpillar Diagnostic Systems (ET Vims, SIMSi and SIS)
- Commitment to a high level of workplace health and safety
- Your ability to work under pressure during peak periods is essential
- CATERPILLAR dealer experience seen as advantageous
For this role Hastings Deering offers a wide range of benefits including:
- A competitive hourly rate & relevant allowances as per our enterprise agreement
- A rewarding career with diverse opportunities
- Uniforms and PPE provided
- Income Protection Insurance
- Discounts on private health, vehicles, travel and more
- A culture of innovation, collaboration and execution
- Ongoing training & support to further your career
- Competency based pay increases
- Employee Assistance Program for employees and their families
- Paid parental leave options for primary (13 weeks) and secondary carers (1 week)
Enquiries: For more information regarding this role and other Hastings Deering opportunities across CQ please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS OPEN NOW !!!!!
Every day, thousands of people come to work at Hastings Deering and every time they walk through our doors, we want them to know how valued they are. Our Flexibility and Inclusion program, 'Together as One', is designed to create a diverse, inclusive and powerful workforce where all our people feel like they belong and we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.