About the Role:
The Rockhampton Operations is seeking to grow its team of qualified and experienced Fitters. We are the industry leader for service and parts of CAT equipment and our customers across mining, resources and construction expect the very best. If you have interest in our Component Rebuild Centre or Tractor Shop, we have options for you.
Working as a Diesel Fitter with Hastings Deering, we will provide for you the experience and expertise with the latest in diagnostics and best practice for CAT machinery. Under the enterprise agreement you will be remunerated on you skill and competency level with annual increases guaranteed. Safety and a 'no harm' culture is key critical and central to our being. Stability and worklife balance is also on offer working a Monday - Thursday and half day- Friday. Overtime and penalty rates can apply depending on service requirements.
A Fitter opportunity at Hastings Deering will provide you the experience to develop your skills with the following;
- Repair, maintain and service key CAT machinery
- Perform diagnostic assessments on mining and general construction equipment
- Work as part of as skilled and driven team and get hands on with the following; Wheel loaders, Graders, Excavators, Dozers, Backhoes, Skid Steers and engines
- Not to mention our surface mining equipment and Off Highway trucks
You will bring the following skills and experience to the role:
About the Benefits
- Trade Qualification – Certificate III Engineering (Diesel Fitting) and or a similar automotive/industrial trade is essential
- Demonstrated experience on CAT machinery & CAT diagnostic systems will be desirable but not essential
- A proven ability using computers and online programs essential
- Committed to a 'No Harm' Environment and an ability to maintain a safe and clean workspace
- Physically fit and the ability to work in a workshop environment with 'No Harm'
- A continuous Improvement commitment and positive attitude towards change
- Good communication skills with a commitment to working as a productive and positive team member
Hastings Deering offers a wide range of benefits including:
- A rewarding career with diverse opportunities with a competency based hourly rate and penalty rates
- A commitment to training and development
- A culture of teamwork, professionalism and continuous improvement
- All uniforms and PPE provided
- Income Protection Insurance
- Discounts on private health, vehicles, travel and more
- Support for you and your family with the Employee Assistance Program
- Paid parental leave options for primary (13 weeks) and secondary carers (1 week)
To discuss your career goals and interest in roles at Hastings Deering all enquiries can be directed to Linda Hovey - Senior Recruitment Partner on 4932 3050
or email email@example.com
To Apply: Hit 'APPLY NOW'
Like the ‘Hastings Deering’ Facebook page, or find us on LinkedIn.
Every day, thousands of people come to work at Hastings Deering and every time they walk through our doors, we want them to know how valued they are. Our Flexibility and Inclusion program, ‘Together as One’, is designed to create a diverse, inclusive and powerful workforce where all our people feel like they belong and we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.