Make your mark with Thiess
Everyday, all around the world, Thiess supports and celebrates our people. We recognise talent and reward transparency. We champion diversity and embrace change.
Join us. Hone your skills and develop new ones. take on big challenges and grow, through mentorship, collaboration and empowerment.
Thiess is the place to make things happen.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Thiess is seeking an experienced Dewatering Pump Fitter at our Curragh North Mine near Blackwater. As our next Dewatering Pump Fitter, reporting to the Ancillary Equipment Supervisor
Our Curragh North Coal Project is situated 10km north of Blackwater in the Bowen Basin.
Your duties and day to day will include :
- Utilising your experience in dewatering pumps and small diesel engine repairs, in Maintaining, servicing and repairing the Ancillary equipment in line with the production and maintenance schedules.
- Diagnosing faults and going out to break downs
- Assisting and contributing to the positive safety culture, production and maintenance targets
- Complete tasks to a high standard and have pride in your work.
This role is a permanent position that will see you working 12 hour Day/Night shift on a 7/7 roster (Wednesday-Tuesday). Full camp facilities are available and bus transportation is provided from Mackay, Yeppoon or Rockhampton to the Blackwater Camp.
- Mechanical Trade Certificate
- MR Licence (desirable)
- Brake Testing ticket (desirable)
- Sound Auto Electrical knowledge
- Experience in Legra, Sykes and Tru-Flow Dewatering Pumps.
- Current Standard 11 Statement of Attainment
- High commitment to a positive safety culture
- Work well autonomously and part of a team
WHAT THIESS CAN DO FOR YOU
- Competitive rates from $60 per hour
- Permanent full-time positions
- 12-hr days & nights
- Even time, lifestyle rosters
- BIBO available from Yeppoon, Rockhampton and Mackay
- Salary sacrifice options – flights & novated leasing
- Full camp facilities provided
- Living out of camp allowance, if applicable
- Thiess’ commitment to training & developing
- A range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products
Thiess works with clients in Australia, Asia and the Americas in the dynamic field of open-cut and underground mining.
The pioneering spirit of our founders – the legendary Thiess brothers – is our legacy, and inspires our vision to harness the power of people and technology to drive sustainable change.
At Thiess, you will have the opportunity to play a part in the global energy transition. We are growing our commodities portfolio to include metals and minerals critical to the energy transition, and developing services to enable sustainable mining.
We’re creating a culture of curiosity, knowledge-sharing, and continuous learning – supporting our people to contribute to Thiess’ success and continued growth in sustainable mining.
We’ll support you to hone your skills and develop new ones, take on challenges and grow, through mentorship, collaboration and empowerment. We offer our people ongoing technical training and development opportunities so they can reach their full potential. We also invest in the workforce of the future, with a range of programs for people starting their careers.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to enable our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Learn more http://thiess.com/makeyourmark
Should you require assistance applying for this opportunity, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
"Thiess follows a Pre-Employment Process for all successful applicants, which includes two employment references, a National Police Check and a medical assessment. These checks are essential to your application, and your recruiter will support you through the process".