Designer/ CAD Technician/ Draftsperson (Civil)
Council is seeking to appoint a permanent full time Designer/ CAD Technician/ Draftsperson (Civil) to contribute to Council’s success.
- Permanent Full Time
- Located in Calliope
- 9-day fortnight
About the Role
The purpose of this position is to provide civil engineering design drawings and documentation and undertake design activities for current and proposed Council assets to ensure safety and compliance. The position will make an important contribution to achieving Council’s objectives around excellence in asset management, particularly planning and design to better balance the financial, environmental and social costs, risk, quality and affordability of service-related assets.
Your success in this role will be demonstrated through being proactive, your ability for attention to detail and good communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders.
You will bring:
- Associate Degree in Civil Engineering or approved equivalent.
- Sound disciplined knowledge and skills gained through previous appointment in a design or technical role.
- Proficient skills, knowledge and experience in the operation of AutoCAD, Civil3D or similar civil design software.
- Experience in the application of Guidelines, relevant Acts and Regulations, Engineering Guidelines and Standards.
- Demonstrated problem solving, analysis and comprehension, and creative thinking skills.
- Time management, planning and interpersonal skills to engage with others and meet regular and concurrent deadlines.
Why work for GRC?
The Gladstone Region is a dynamic Central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. Gladstone Regional Council is committed to a dynamic, proud and diverse future for the Gladstone Region that focuses on working together to balance our region’s lifestyle and opportunity. Our success is built on a foundation of safe, engaged, high performing talent and teams and a values-based culture centred around our SERVICE principles.
- We are fortunate to live in an attractive, growing region and proud to provide opportunity for personal growth and career development for our employees.
- We offer opportunities to grow your career within a progressive local government organisation and work in a high performing team that values your contribution.
- You will be rewarded with a competitive salary including generous superannuation and a flexible roster that supports a generous work-life balance.
- We offer a range of employee benefits including free physiotherapy, support services and discounted health cover and fitness memberships.
Please be advised that the preferred candidate for this position, as a condition of employment, may be required to complete a criminal history check, a pre-employment medical or a skills assessment.
Council is committed to connecting with the Gladstone Regional community which values diversity and inclusion and encourages you to bring your whole self to work. First Nations people are encouraged to apply.
There is no set closing date as Council will review applications periodically and will withdraw the advert once the position has been filled.