- Rockhampton Base
- Rockhampton to Gladstone Run
- Fulltime Opportunity
PFD Food Services began life in 1943 amid the noise and chaos of the Melbourne Fish Markets. Expanding rapidly to meet the demand of an ever growing customer base, we are Australia’s largest family operated Foodservice company with over 800 company owned trucks and customer service focused drivers making daily deliveries.
With an extensive range of fresh meat and seafood together frozen products, drygoods, paper products and cleaning solutions for the Foodservice Industry, PFD has proven their unwavering commitment to their customers and are considered a source of innovation, a provider of insight, a solver of problems. In 2021 PFD formed a partnership with another proud Australian company, Woolworths Group.
The purpose of this role is to maintain all stock in the warehouse and pick orders. You will also be required to deliver product in good condition in an effective and timely manner and drive company vehicles and operate machinery.
- Picking orders among other warehouse functions in a cold store environment
- To undertake all duties in a safe responsible and courteous manner
- Practice safe and correct manual handling
- Correctly present paperwork as per company procedures
- Deliver products to customers as per invoice requirements
- Obtain and be responsible for payment from customers
Key Competencies, Skills and Qualifications
- MR/HR Truck licence
- Forklift licence preferred
- Previous experience and understanding of warehouse and transport operations preferably in the food service industry desirable
- Multi drop experience
- Previous freezer/chilled experience desirable
- Customer focused and good at building interpersonal relationships
- Good communication, time and organisational skills
- Appreciate and understand the "public face" a driver represents
- Highly motivated, flexible with a solid work ethic and positive attitude
- Accurate attention to detail
What PFD is Offering the Successful Candidate
We are offering competitive remuneration, superannuation and other staff benefits (such as discounts on staff purchases, discounted accommodation, health insurance and banking). Should you be eligible, the company may also offer nationally recognised Certificate III training.
Please submit your application (cover letter and resume) via the apply now link below.
As part of our recruitment process, do you agree to undertake employment checks? These checks may include a medical assessment (including a drug/alcohol test and a Flu Vaccination), National Police History Check, Working With Children/Vulnerable Groups Check, Licence Validation/Demerit Point Check.
Please note: We do not accept unsolicited CV's from Recruitment agencies / third parties and we will not be liable or responsible for any fees or costs associated with unsolicited CV's sent directly to Line Managers.
PFD Food Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer