- Casual position, in an ASX listed company
- Based in Rockhampton, QLD
- Customer service focused within our Distribution Business
We are proud of our heritage. We have been powering better journeys for all Australians for over 100 years. As Australia's very own fuel brand we are committed to making those journeys easier by meeting Australia's needs at every step with the care and service we all deserve. And, as we grow, we continue to evolve, to ensure we have low carbon solutions that will meet the needs of our customers well into the future.
We are proud to be an endorsed employer of choice for women by WORK180. To understand more about how Ampol's policies, benefits and how we support our people, check out some key female leader career stories on the Work180 website.
About the role:
Reporting to the Territory Manager based in our Rockhampton Depot, you will be responsible for providing high quality service to customers, emphasis on safety and security and maintaining site appearance.
- Serving customers efficiently and creating memorable experiences
- Delivering the standard of service and retailing excellence that our customers have come to expect.
- Invoice receipts and reconciliation
- Maintaining store presentation and creating a clean welcoming environment
- Cash handling
- Authorising fuel pumps
- Manage and maintain stock levels
- General housekeeping - cleaning toilets, shelves, floors
- Understanding and complying with Ampol's policies and procedures
This role will suit those who have a passion for customer service, take pride in their work, can multi-task and work autonomously and enjoys a fast pace. You are reliable, professional, enthusiastic and willing to give everything a go. You have a ‘can do attitude' and demonstrate a high work ethic.
We will make sure we look after you too with a collaborative team, quality training and real career progression opportunities.
Whether you're early in your career, returning to work or looking for a change & like to keep busy, this could be a great position to consider.
Key skills and experience
- Retail experience
- Flexible to be available to commit to afternoon shifts
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Good level of computer literacy
- "can do" attitude
- Ability to work autonomously
- Current forklift licence is desirable (not essential)
- Our total remuneration is competitive. This is across base salary, a performance incentive, employee share offers and a 25% discount on Fuel for two privately used cars!
- We are flexible. Many of our teams have embraced hybrid work, balancing time spent remote working, with time spent at an office to connect and work together where it adds value.
- Remote Working: Support for up to 3 months remote international working (conditional to 5 days paid leave for every 30 days of remote work).
- We value recognition. We have an internal recognition platform amplifying the achievements of those who do great work and demonstrate our capabilities and values.
- Career development and learning opportunities including LinkedIn Learning and other tailored training solutions.
- Paid Parental Leave - up to 12 weeks paid Parental leave, and up to a year off (unpaid)
- BabyCare Package - financial and flexible support for parents transitioning back to work.
- Need some wheels? Novated Lease options are available.
- Invest in your future with the Employee Share Scheme
- Care for your Community. Spend one paid day a year volunteering with one of our Ampol Foundation partners.
- Check out our benefits and policies on the Work180 website.
We're an equal opportunity workplace. We not only embrace diversity and inclusion; we celebrate what makes you unique. We welcome applications from people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, and diverse sexualities and genders (including if you identify as transgender). We also highly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply for roles with Ampol.