About the Role:
The CSSD Assistant will provide an efficient and effective preparation and sterilisation service by utilising a high standard of skills and procedures by industry and hospital guidelines. Furthermore, the CSSD Assistant will assist the perioperative clinical team in delivering clinical care under the direction and supervision of the Registered and Enrolled Nurses when necessary.
This is a part-time opportunity working Monday - Friday (64 hours per fortnight)
Salary: $29.21 - $32.90*
*Wage rate will depend on the successful applicant's qualifications and experience.
What you’ll be doing:
- Apply appropriate cleaning methods, disinfecting agents and procedures on surgical instrumentation.
- Process equipment for transfer to an external sterilising unit where necessary.
- Maintain a sound knowledge of surgical instruments and packaging techniques.
- Conduct all sterilisation procedures following accepted sterilisation methods and principles.
- Process endoscopic equipment for multi-use purposes.
- Store sterilised items appropriately to maintain sterility and maximise access and efficiency.
- Perform functions within the scope of practice according to accepted clinical principles, standards, and regulations.
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate the following criteria:
- A demonstrated understanding of infection control principles.
- Basic computer skills
- Practical interpersonal and communication skills
- Certificate III in Sterilisation Services, or the ability to provide evidence of working towards attainment.
- Exposure to Sterilisation Services in a healthcare environment
- Previous experience in a CSSD role with the ability to work in all areas with a high degree of autonomy and accountability.
- The role is located in our Central Sterilising Service Department within the Operating Theatres.
- The role offers the opportunity to join our small but busy and progressive CSSD team.
- Flexible work hours are available.
- On-site training is available if required.