- Gladstone Location
- Part Time Position (20 hours per week)
- Fixed Term Contract until 30 June 2022
- $32.54 per hour + Super + Salary Packaging
Life at Vinnies
At Vinnies, you'll be joining a team of committed staff and volunteers who work to improve the lives of those they assist throughout the community. We're bold with ideas and operate with peace and passion. Always looking for better ways to achieve our 'good works', Vinnies employees are innovative professionals who are driven to help make positive change. Vinnies Queensland is a highly regarded charity organisation with sites all over Queensland!
Ways we Reward You!
- Competitive remuneration package AND salary packaging
- Professional development opportunities
- Join a welcoming and inclusive team within a well-respected Not for Profit
As Crisis Support Worker you will be responsible for the provision of end-to-end support for clients engaged through your respective crisis accommodation program. Employed to provide holistic support throughout all facets of the client journey from intake to exit, an inherent requirement of this role is to provide a high standard of case management, advice and support.
The key focus of this role is the provision of assistance to clients who are homeless or at risk of homelessness to access safe, affordable and stable accommodation. A key outcome of your position is to assist in enabling clients to overcome barriers which have contributed to their homelessness or risk of homelessness.
Operating within the program Service Agreement, you will be required to perform on call shifts and weekend work if applicable to your program.
To be successful in the role, you will meet the following criteria:
- Minimum Certificate III in Community Services or related field
- Knowledge of and ability to work within relevant legislation and guidelines relating to the delivery of specialist homelessness services
- Previous experience as a Support Worker or equivalent within the homelessness support sector or related field
- Ability to deliver advocacy on behalf of clients and ensure confidentiality of client information at all times
- Ability to work unsupervised at times as well as an effective team member
- Contribute positively within a team environment
- Demonstrate a friendly, positive attitude, with a willingness to learn
- Effective communication and time manage skills
- Demonstrate genuine respect for all people regardless of their situation
- Understanding of risk management principles including current WHS legislation and regulations
- Understanding of and commitment to the philosophy of the St Vincent de Paul Society Queensland and an ability to work in accordance with policies and procedures to promote the values and mission of the Society
- A COVID-19 vaccination certificate is required in accordance with the Queensland Government Workers in a Healthcare Setting (COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements) Directive
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter via SEEK or our careers page today!
If you would like to view the Position Description, please visit our website: https://www.vinnies.org.au/page/Get_Involved/Join_our_staff/
At St Vincent de Paul Society QLD we are committed to meaningful equity and diversity in our workforce. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples is strongly encouraged.
You will be required to complete a police check should you be successful in being appointed to our organisation. To be eligible for this position you must have an appropriate visa to work in Australia/New Zealand.