Grow your career with Thiess
As a global business, we are proud to offer diverse and rewarding career opportunities. We are committed to Thiess being a company that supports great people to succeed, develop their careers, and feel supported to reach their highest potential. We offer a safe and inclusive work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
We are seeking an experienced Blast Crew to always assist with site-specific safety requirements at Pembroke Resource’s new project in the Bowen Basin - the Olive Downs Complex.
Pembroke Resource’s Olive Downs Complex is a greenfield project located 40 kilometres South-east of Moranbah and is due to commence mining operations in mid-2023. Thiess has recently been awarded a five-year contract to deliver full-service mining operations, including mine planning overburden removal, drill and blast, load and haul, water management and rehabilitation as well as the construction of the mine infrastructure.
About The Role
Working a 7/7 DS NS roster and reporting to the Drill & Blast Supervisor, your duties will include:
- Assist in the safe and efficient execution of blasting
- Dipping blast holes
- Blast area delineation
- Dipping and recording of blast holes
- Priming, loading, and tagging of blast holes under the supervision of the Shotfirer in Charge
- Operation of various ancillary equipment – stemming truck, loader, and bobcat
- Blast Guarding
- Assist in unloading and loading raw material deliveries into on-site storage or MPUs
By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to be a part of a new workforce that is focused on developing a strong performance culture and a culture that values everyone’s contribution equally. You will thrive on meeting all goals and challenges, and act with fairness and integrity in all that you do.
As a successful applicant, you’ll be a high-achieving team-focused individual who enjoys delivering results in a dynamic environment. Your exceptional relationship-building skills coupled with your ability to engage and collaborate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders will also ensure your success in this role.
- Experience working as part of a blast crew
- Valid Drivers’ Licence and Standard 11 are essential
- Current Queensland Explosives Security Clearance or ability to obtain
- Coal mining experience is desirable
- Ability to operate a Loader, Bobcat and Stemming truck is desirable
What Thiess Can Do for You
- Even time (7/7) roster
- 0hr Days
- BIBO from Mackay, Townsville & Moranbah
- Permanent full-time positions
- Thiess’ commitment to ongoing training & development as part of delivering a modern autonomous mine
- $5,000 refer a mate bonus * (T&C’s apply)
- Health & well-being rewards program through AIA Vitality
- Salary sacrifice options – flights and novated leasing
- Individual flexibility arrangements on offer - (Live Local or DIDO)
- Range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products
At Thiess, we partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, and the Americas. For more than 85 years, we have operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments, and cultures. Our team uses global insight to optimise solutions and create value for each project, positioning them for optimal efficiency, productivity, and cost performance, backed by how we meet our commitments. Thiess is committed to being at the forefront of sustainable mining, leveraging the power of our people and technology to support clients in their journey to more sustainable enterprises.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included, and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more – http://www.thiess.com
Should you require assistance applying for this opportunity, please contact us @ email@example.com
How to Apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or the link below.
The Strong & Sustainable Resource Communities Act 2017 principles apply to this position.