- Full time position
- Family Friendly, flexible working arrangements
The Hospital Research Foundation (THRF) Group is seeking an exceptional Events and Administration Assistant to work with the General Manager, CQShines providing support for various campaigns, events and activities with the aim to increase the number of supporters and achieve brand awareness and fundraising outcomes for CQShines.
About CQShines and THRF Group
CQShines is a results-driven, enthusiastic, committed and impact-oriented organisation.
The Hospital Research Foundation (THRF) Group is an Australian profit for purpose charity whose mission is to have a healthy community and wellbeing for everyone.
CQShines and THRF Group have entered into a collaborative relationship to improve the health and wellbeing for the community of Central Queensland, support the CQ Health Network and have a positive impact on the lives of all Australians.
Through charitable philanthropy, impactful grants and good governance we create opportunities that better the health of the Central Queensland community, leading to brighter futures.
We do this by raising funds for equipment, infrastructure, education and for medical and health science research that will advance, support, and promote the health of our Central Queensland community.
About the role
Reporting to the General Manager, CQShines, the Events and Administration Assistant role will provide you with the opportunity to successfully implement results-driven short and long-term strategies to achieve CQShines' brand awareness, engagement and income development objectives through best-practice fundraising and friend-raising events, whilst highlighting our impact in the community.
Some after hours and weekend work will be required.
Role responsibilities include:
- Support peer-to-peer fundraising activities by nurturing new fundraising enquiries, maintaining and building relationships with external fundraisers for CQShines including community groups, workplaces and individuals
- Coordinate the operational delivery of events, including working with external partners and suppliers within the planned timeframe
- Ensure that event stakeholders (such as volunteers, sponsors, community groups and business sponsors) are communicated with and nurtured in an appropriate and timely manner
- Track event attendee feedback and performance, through post event surveys, attendance numbers and financial performance against KPIs
- Coordinate daily mail distribution, including opening of mail and arranging couriers for mail collection and other items as required
- Processing and fulfillment of over the counter and postal donations in an efficient, accurate and timely manner. This includes daily banking of any over the counter donations
To be successful in the role you will ideally have;
- Sound knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of community/peer-to-peer fundraising activities would be an advantage
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in events or administration support
- Excellent organisational and time management
- Ability to prioritise workloads to meet deadlines within tight timeframes
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work unsupervised, co-ordinate and prioritise work.
- The ability to work with collaboratively with team members and positively contribute to the culture of our organisation
Please ensure you have read the Position Description provided and addressed the key criteria in your covering letter.
Please note: Candidates will need to undergo a relevant criminal checks prior to commencement.
If you are willing to bring your passion and expertise to a fast-paced, challenging and dynamic organisation that saves lives, apply now!