About this Opportunity
- Continuing, Full Time
- Student Central Directorate
- CQUniversity Rockhampton
- Higher Education Worker Level 7
- Total Remuneration $109,437 to $119,687 pa (including salary of $92,476 to $101,138 plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Relocation package available
Join an organisation with an unbreakable belief that quality education, training and research should be available to everyone – regardless of background, location or life circumstances.
Working at CQUniversity
The Student Central Directorate was established to support and prioritise the needs of our students at CQUniversity and enhance their individual student experience. The Directorate comprises of ten individual teams that work together as a synchronized hub to provide a wide range of services to our students.
In this role, you will lead and coordinate the team responsible for end-to-end student financial programs. You must be motivated, detail-oriented and passionate about student financial operations in higher education and have a commitment to continual improvement. You will lead a range of projects and contribute to the ongoing development of policies and strategies in consultation with the Manager – Academic and Financial Operations. You will provide strategic and operational advice to ensure that the University meets its legislative and compliance obligations in administering student citizenship and Australian Government Higher Education and Vocational Education and Training loan programs.
The Student Financial Programs team is seeking a leader who will provide mentoring guidance and assist in the coordination of communications, marketing and promotional activities and resources within the Student Central Directorate. This role requires a high level of responsibility, dedication, and a passion for delivering exceptional service. By embodying CQU's values and commitment to student success, you will make a significant impact on the overall student experience and contribute to the growth and reputation of our institution.
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Generous carers, maternity and paternity leave
- 17% superannuation (with the choice of joining an award-winning superfund)
- Flexible and inclusive work / life balance
- Fantastic staff professional / career development opportunities
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
- A relevant degree with subsequent experience; or extensive experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively and collaboratively with a team and provide leadership within the team.
- Comprehensive knowledge or ability to acquire comprehensive knowledge of relevant legislative and reporting requirements relating to student fees within a university environment.
- Proven ability to use initiative, organise and prioritise work, meet deadlines, deliver services, and resolve complex administrative problems.
- Well-developed oral, written, online and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with people from a range of diverse backgrounds.
- Proficient in the operation of computers with detailed knowledge in Microsoft Office suite programs including Word, Excel, database systems and email.
For further information about this position, please refer to the Position Description.
Apply today for a career that changes lives
Applications Close: 11:59pm, Tuesday, 26 September 2023
Job Requisition ID: 3522
When submitting your application, please include: Your Current CV or Resume, and a 1-2 page Cover Letter highlighting your relevant skills, experience and suitability for the position. Please note, applicants for the position must have full time work rights.
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and CQUniversity’s domestic and international student graduates with post-study work rights are encouraged to apply.