- Contract Full Time (4 Years)
- Supportive Work/Life Balance
- Attractive salary package of circa $134,000 per annum (including superannuation)
- Location – Rockhampton
Your new role
Don’t miss this opportunity to make a difference to our business and join the Rockhampton Regional Waste and Recycling department of Rockhampton Regional Council as a key member of the team.
It is an exciting time for our essential industry with significant government and community interest in what we do and how we do it. This is a great career opportunity to be a part of a dynamic team to shape the future of waste and recycling management within our region.
In this role you will proactively work with the team to develop and deliver the best Resource Recovery Strategy, including communications, education and commercial outcomes for Rockhampton Regional Council and its community.
This position requires the completion of a satisfactory Criminal History Check - Police Certificate (Australia Wide Name Only Police Check).
What we are looking for
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of contemporary waste management and recycling principles and environmental & WHS legislation
- Degree qualifications in Business, Accounting, Engineering or Management (or relevant field) and/or extensive equivalent demonstrated experience in a similar environment
- Demonstrated experience to undertake complex modelling to develop an options analysis around varying waste management services to inform decisions
- Experience and ability to write strategies, business cases to support business outcomes and/or funding applications
- A strong leader and planner with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and project management skills with strong contract management and negotiation skills
- Experience and knowledge in the collection and analysis of statistical and financial data
What you'll get in return
As an employee of Rockhampton Regional Council, you will join a diverse and innovative team of more than 900 employees supported by good leadership, who proudly deliver services and make a difference to the lives of people living and working within the region.
- A large employer with a strong values driven culture
- A generous superannuation scheme – Up to 18% superannuation (conditions apply)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Corporate membership discounts
- Payroll deductions and salary sacrifice options
- Wages paid fortnightly
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Passport and active social clubs
What you need to do next
To apply for this opportunity, please submit two documents:
1. A 2-4 page Cover Letter addressing the Application Criteria below;
2. Your Current resume.
- Advanced skills in strategic thinking, producing logical and professional reports (e.g. Strategies, Business Cases, Council Reports)
- Expertise in planning and project management with strong contract management and negotiations skills
- Demonstrated leadership experience with the ability to lead a dynamic professional team while working together with immediate teams and others to plan and achieve common goals
- Proven ability to liaise and engage with key stakeholders (including local and state authorities, commercial sector and local community) and maintain effective relationships to achieve the best possible outcomes
Please use Council’s cover letter template and ensure you clearly label each Application Criteria in your cover letter.
Click the ‘Apply’ button above to complete your online application.