At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Reporting to the Superintendent Production Development (CMO) you will be responsible for using process control systems to coordinate the operation of the production plant, equipment and infrastructure including having oversight of compliance to operating standards and procedures to achieve optimal production outcomes.
This role will be based at Broadmeadow on an 7/7 Roster.
In this role you will:
- Coordinate, reschedule and provide input to the week 0 schedule to maintain alignment between Production and other functions and contributing to the week+1 schedule;
- Identify and implement Production Execution improvement opportunities with support from Production Engineering team;
- Be involved in the verification of critical controls in the production environment;
- Allocate training resources necessary for the effective operation of Production Execution;
- Provide expertise and report events and hazards in a timely and accurate manner;
- Be first and foremost focused on creating a culture of care by being a visible safety leader, supporting, developing and coaching your team.
You will have experience with underground mine production activities. Previous supervisor experience in Mine Development, Mine Services and/or Mine Production will be well regarded.
As a successful candidate you will have Third Class Manager's competency.
You will demonstrate the confidence to lead by example, hold yourself and others accountable and coach others in 'Safety Leadership' and operational discipline.
Experience developing and fostering collaborative working relationships, enabling you to influence, and facilitate change.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.