Gladstone Region Aboriginal and Islander Community Controlled Health Service (GRAICCHS), trading as Nhulundu Health Service is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service operating in Gladstone and the greater Central Queensland Region delivering a comprehensive range of primary health care, aged care and community support service functions.
GRAICCHS’ mission is that all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community members, and the community as a whole, have the right to access equitable and high-quality health care, regardless of culture, ethnicity or where they live. GRAICCHS understands that an equitable health system is one that is culturally competent and recognises people’s connection to country and cultural wellbeing as an essential element to achieving a state of wellness. GRAICCHS will empower and value clients and communities in health care and note that this is the cornerstone to Community Controlled Primary Health Care. GRAICCHS has a passion to make a difference with the values of excellence, cultural practice, honesty, respect, integrity, diversity, inclusiveness and uniqueness.
The Aged Care team coordinates and provides in home care and out of home day activity services to eligible clients in the Fitzroy Region. The team provide multicultural and culturally sensitive care to older Australians with a focus on in home care and increased access to health services, as required.
We are not-for-profit and can offer you -
- Salary Packaging - save up to $15,900 per year tax free
- Additional $2650 of your pre-tax income to pay for entertainment expenses
- Employee Assistance Program - (EAP)
- Supported and Encouraged Professional Development
This position is responsible for coordinating all operational aspects for the delivery of quality, efficient and effective in home care support and respite program services to designated Aged Care clients in the Fitzroy Region, an in particular the Gladstone Region.
The position coordinates:
- the implementation of quality services in line with client assessed needs, standard operating procedures and Aged Care quality standards
- drives performance outputs and reporting in line with agreed requirements, client issues and requirements
- scheduling and staff management requirements
- the effective application and management of Aged Care specific administration systems and processes; including client management systems to achieve quality services and service compliance
- effectively coordinate rostering and scheduling
- coordination of Client Assessment and service delivery
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Aged Care Sector services and the issues facing these organisations
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of the health and social issues impacting upon our multicultural community and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People and Aged Care
- Sound understanding of Aged Care service policies, systems and procedures
- Demonstrated skill and/or ability to communicate effectively and with cultural sensitively with all aged care clients and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander persons.
- Well-developed understanding of care delivery in community care setting and within continuous improvement
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate understanding and management of client issues including cultural appropriateness and anti-discrimination
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, and coordinate own and team’s workload to achieve client and organisational outcomes
- Ability to complete required paperwork and maintain the Community Connect database system
- Ability to exercise at all times a ‘Duty of Care’ when working with clients
Qualifications / Knowledge / Experience
- Minimum Certificate IV in Community Services or Aged Care, or Certificate IV in service coordination (ageing and disability); or relevant level of experience is highly desirable
- Certificate IV Frontline Management or equivalent or working towards Cert IV TAE or working towards – desirable
- Experience in leading a team in Aged care or Community care / Health care – essential
- National Police Clearance must be attained and declaration made of any future charges or convictions that could potentially affect your role. (Yellow Card for NDIS related positions)
- Ability to travel across designated service region as required.
- Current C Class Drivers Licence (Qld) – essential
- Own “private” reliable vehicle with proof of registration and Insurance
- Current Blue Card or willingness to apply for same
- First Aid Certificate and CPR certifications or willingness to update or obtain the necessary certifications
- Proof of Vaccination must be provided