- Part Time position available
- Work for a market leader with a talented & friendly team
- Opportunities for career development and progression
Cater Care Australia seeks to appoint an engaging hospitality professional to a Part Time Cook/Chef position at our aged care residence in Yeppoon.
Roster: Various hours throughout the week - including weekend shifts
What This Role Involves:
- Extensive cooking, execution of food preparation and presentation
- Adherence to dietary requirements (allergies, texture modified, purees, etc.)
- Stock ordering, rotation, stocktaking and heavy lifting
- Maintain a clean kitchen, equipment and utensils
- Maintaining legislated food hygiene and general safety practices
- Fast, effective service provided with a smile
- Assisting the broader team as required
What We Require From You:
- Certificate III (or similar) in Commercial Cookery
- Food Safety Certification (highly desirable)
- Experience in executing aspects of kitchen operations and food preparation
- Experience in aged care preferable but not necessary
- A commitment to genuine, friendly customer service
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging & time-sensitive environment
- Motivation, enthusiasm and a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Pride in personal appearance & hygiene
Why Work For Us:
Cater Care is a catering and facilities services provider which is 100% Australian owned and operated, a fact that positively sets us apart from many of our competitors. At Cater Care, we create a home away from home for thousands of people from all walks of life. In a home it’s the little things that count, and they’re the things we take care of. Since establishment in 1999, Cater Care has enjoyed substantial growth based on its growing reputation to become a recognised and highly respected service provider throughout Australia. Cater Care is committed to being Australia’s leading food service provider by achieving continual improvement through innovative services within our market sectors; education, business and industry, aged and residential care, defence and remote services.
We have a unique culture that can only be attributed to the people that work for us. To assist you in deciding whether you would like to work for us, please head over to our website to view our EVP, Values, The Cater Care Way and Employee Benefits.
Cater Care values Workplace Diversity, and we recognise that we are strengthened by it. We invite all to apply to our roles, and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islands people to consider a career with us.
Please click “Apply for this job”. If your work history aligns with the key selection criteria for the role, one of our recruitment coordinators will be in touch. Please, no agencies.
As a result of revised standards around health & well-being in the aged care industry, all applicants must have a current year flu vaccination and be able to provide proof of the COVID vaccination and undertake a National Criminal History Check and NDIS Worker Screening Check.