Sedgman Pty Limited
is a market leader in the design, construction and operation of mineral processing plants for the global resources sector. Our specialised technical expertise, proven track record in Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) delivery and our advanced commercial capabilities enable us to provide complete solutions which are valued by our clients. Sedgman Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of CIMIC Group Limited (ASX:CIM) – one of the world’s leading international contractors and the world’s largest contract miner.
Setting the standard in terms of safety, innovation, technical capability and project delivery we are able to offer outstanding career opportunities with offices throughout Australia and internationally in Canada. The expertise and enthusiasm of our people and professional, friendly atmosphere is paramount to our continued success.
Sedgman is seeking a Control System Commissioning Engineer reporting to the Manager Controls.
This will be suited to someone with strong control system commissioning experience and enjoys working on site for the control system commissioning. Based in the Bowen Basin DIDO or FIFO from Brisbane.
Key responsibilities of the role:
What are we looking for?
- You will be involved in the commissioning phase of mineral processing plants and associated infrastructure. This could include coal, base and precious metals plants as well as iron ore plants and associated services.
- You will be required to liaise with internal and external clients, other discipline professionals, and stakeholders within the industry to ensure the timely, accurate and cost effective delivery of projects.
- Working in a highly experienced team you will be exposed to a continuous succession of small and large, domestic and international projects as they progress through the project lifecycle from early concept development, detailed design, construction, commissioning and operations.
What we can offer you:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical, Mechatronics or Controls Engineering)
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Control Systems Engineering in the mining sector especially in the process and minerals processing industry highly regarded
- Ability to interpret others designs
- Hands-on experience with industrial networks, software programming and commissioning PLC systems (Rockwell, Schneider or Siemens) and SCADA (CitectSCADA or Rockwell FTW)
- A good communicator with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of process and material handling equipment advantageous
- QLD White Card, Standard 11 and CBM desired but not essentials
How to join our team:
- Flexible arrangements to help you achieve work-life balance
- A focus on your professional development and opportunities to grow your career within Sedgman
- A collaborative focus on continuous improvement and innovation in our safety culture
- A friendly and social work environment
If this sounds like an opportunity you would be interested in, please submit your CV by clicking “apply” now.
Sedgman is an equal opportunity employer - We support diversity in the workplace and a culture where employees can reach their full potential by feeling respected, included and heard.