The Gladstone Region is a dynamic Central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. Gladstone Regional Council is committed to a dynamic, proud and diverse future for the Gladstone Region that focuses on working together to balance our region’s lifestyle and opportunity. Our success is built on a foundation of safe, engaged, high performing talent and teams and a values-based culture centred around our SERVICE principles.
Council is seeking to appoint a permanent full time Contracts Officer to contribute to Council’s success.
About the Role
The purpose of this position is to support the safe, efficient, sustainable and timely delivery of Council’s operational program with the acquisition of goods and services by conducting tendering and quoting processes.
1. Demonstrated experience in contract administration, overseeing complex financial, commercial and administrative aspects of supply/service/construction/maintenance contracts, with proven success in maintaining compliance with company policies to minimise risk.
2. Knowledge of fundamental contract principles (including contract terms and conditions, applicable laws and other regulations) and relevant experience evaluating and preparing tender and contract documentation.
3. Strong attention to detail.
4. Time management, prioritisation and planning skills.
5. Strong problem solving, negotiation and communications (verbally and in writing) with contractors, customers and employees.
6. Proficient keyboard skills and experience using Microsoft Office Suite and operating corporate business systems.
7. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team and independently.
8. Legally able to drive a motor vehicle in Queensland.
Why work for GRC?
· We are fortunate to live in an attractive, growing region and proud to provide opportunity for personal growth and career development for our employees.
· We offer opportunities to grow your career within a progressive local government organisation and work in a high performing team that values your contribution.
· You will be rewarded with a competitive salary including generous superannuation and a flexible roster that supports a generous work-life balance.
· We offer a range of employee benefits including free physiotherapy, support services and discounted health cover and fitness memberships.
Please be advised that the preferred candidate for this position, as a condition of employment, may be required to complete a criminal history check, a pre-employment medical or a skills assessment.
Council is committed to connecting with the Gladstone Regional community which values diversity and inclusion and encourages you to bring your whole self to work. First Nations people are encouraged to apply.
12 noon Thursday 30 June 2022.