At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Peak Downs Mine is one of BMA (BHP Mitsubishi Alliance) largest Metallurgical Coal Mines located in the Bowen Basin. Reporting to the Superintendent Maintenance Contracts, the Contracts Coordinator role will be responsible for the application of the Contractor Management Framework for contract partners engaged to perform work on site.
This opportunity is being offered at Peak Downs Mine. A site-based roster with flexible options is offered.
Peak Downs Mine site is located 31 km SSE of Moranbah. It is one of the seven mines in Bowen Basin.
- Fulfil the duties and obligations of a Contractor Owner as outlined in the Contractor Management Framework for a category of contractors
- Category specific responsibilities of coordinate sourcing of labour hire / backfill labour for Maintenance Department
- SME for Site Labour Portal
- Advise internal stakeholders on suitable course of action with regards to sourcing, engagement and performance management of contract partners
- Develop, complete and maintain work scopes, risk assessments and Contractor Management documentation in collaboration with stakeholders, including any changes
- Schedule, facilitate, record and distribute meetings required under CMF routines
- Conduct field verifications of contract partner activities
- Coordinate issues, settlement & disputes with Supply & Contract Owners/Superintendents.
- Review rates are in line with site benchmarking and negotiate where required
- Create and monitor purchase requisitions/orders for vendor category assigned
- Verification of contract partner claims in line with agreement/contract entitlements
- Perform high-end analysis of current contractor spend & provide recommendations on analysis
- Identify continuous improvement initiatives to drive process, cost and productivity improvement
As a successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Demonstrated experience in the management of contractors, within mining or similar industries.
- Tertiary qualification beneficial (contractor management, procurement, business, law) or similar with experience within the mineral resources industry, but not essential.
- Previous experience in navigating Safety and Health Management Systems along with an understanding of the Queensland Coal Mining Act and Regulations;
- Demonstrated experience in managing teams is desirable, with S123 and G2 in QLD qualifications;
- Proficient in MS Office suite, Documentum, Tempo, SharePoint, and SAP/Fiori;
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve productivity, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness.
- Demonstrated experience working autonomously in a fast-paced environment managing competing priorities;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team alongside a range of diverse individuals.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP's Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.