About the Role
The Supply team is seeking applications from suitably experienced candidates for a Contracts Advisor.
Reporting to the Contracts Specialist Lead and working in a dedicated team, you will be accountable and responsible for negotiating, implementing, administering and management of Contracts for services, projects and capital purchases and providing the assistance and guidance to designated contract owners in meeting their contract management responsibility. Ensure that GPC risk profile remains uncompromised including the mitigation and management of commercial and contract risks
In addition, you will:
- Deliver outputs required by the Supply team on time and to specifications:
- Developing procurement strategies, contracts, tenders, scoping, negotiations, evaluations, preparing tenders, expressions of interest, contract departures and implementing supply contract /legally binding instruments for Chief Financial Officer (CFO) /Power of Attorney’s (POA) approval.
- Commercial lead and representative in project teams formed for procurements.
- Administer supply contracts, monitor suppliers' performance, and coordinate the purchase of materials and services in accordance with GPC Policy.
- Provide guidance to procurement officers to assist in delivery of low value / low risk procurements and direction on matters such as legal, legislative requirements, probity, supply chain managements and procurement procedures.
- Providing contract management and commercial advice.
- Collaborating with internal and external teams and resources on a range of matters, such as contractor management, variations and contractual disputes.
- Ensure contract and procurement activities are conducted within GPC and Government Policy – specifically Queensland Procurement Policy (QPP).
We are looking for candidates who are self-starters, problem solvers and have the ability to work within a collaborative team environment. It would be desirable for you to hold a qualification in procurement, finance or business with experience in procurement and contract management preferred and have a minimum of Level 3 certification under the Queensland Purchasing Certification Program or ability to complete (Level 4 desirable).
Please complete the online application form and submit a cover letter, resume and copies of any qualifications as part of your application.
For further details on the role and requirements, please refer to the full position description.
Confidential enquiries can be made by contacting the recruitment team on (07) 4976 1686.
Applications are to be received prior to 4:30pm Thursday 27 January 2022, and must be submitted via www.gpcl.com.au/careers.
GPC considers this advertisement to be an equal opportunity measure under section 105 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 (Qld).