Every day, we’re all part of something bigger
Whatever the challenge, it’s a chance to connect clients with our people, process and technical excellence.
About the role
The Contract Manager will lead the site team to deliver high quality, sustainable services that exceed our client’s expectations. You will have accountability for the safe, successful and profitable delivery of operations under the contract, fostering a culture of high performance and both business and personal improvement whilst establishing long standing client relationships.
Other key responsibilities and accountabilities of this role include:
- Set and develop a high safety leadership standard
- To be focused in creating trusted relationships with our clients, current and prospective
- Create a system defined by operational discipline to enable consistent high performance and project delivery
- Develop and implement an annual business improvement roadmap for the contract
- Understand the whole of UGL’s service offering and identify where these and additional services can be delivered most effectively to the client
- Ensure project financial performance achieves and exceeds budget targets
- Understand the contract and have absolute clarity on our rights
An effective communicator with ability to work independently and can handle multiple complex tasks, meet deadlines and deliver results.
Other qualifications, experience and traits that will see you exceed include
- Qualification in engineering, project management, management, business or similar
- Demonstrated experience in a project management role at a senior level
- Demonstrated experience in business improvement, using lean management techniques and tools
- Demonstrated experience and the ability to create productive and influential relationships with managers, individuals and teams
- Knowledge of the Australian industrial relations environment
- Strong business understanding and commercial acumen
- Ability to manage competing demands and stakeholders
- Strong project planning skills with the ability to design, implement, and facilitate successful and innovative talent development initiatives
What we offer
- Diverse opportunities to grow, back yourself and achieve
- Flexible working arrangements
- Ongoing training for career progression
- A competitive remuneration package with salary continuance insurance, employee assistance program for employees and their families, AIA Vitality wellness program and discounts on private health insurance, vehicles, travel and more
What makes you right for UGL
- Ability to provide a safe, supportive and positive workplace
- Empower a united and collaborative culture
- Deliver technical excellence and create efficient, innovative solutions
- Build an enviable reputation and the trust of employees, clients and other stakeholders
- Genuine concern for safety
UGL is well-known and respected for providing end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services within; rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies
At UGL, we value diversity – in the backgrounds, ideas, work styles and perspectives of our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note that relevant screening checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process. These may include a national criminal history check and for you to undergo pre-employment medical assessment including drug and alcohol screen.