At Orica, it’s the power of our people that leads change and shapes our futures. Every day, all around the world, our people help mobilise vital resources essential to progress. Established in 1874, we have grown to become the world leader in mining and civil blasting with a diverse of team of more than 13,000 across the world.
It’s an exciting time to join us – we are shaping the future of mining through digital and automated technologies, embracing new ways of thinking, pioneering innovation and reimagining the way we work.
About the role
We are seeking to employ an experienced Continuous Improvement Specialist to join our amazing team in Yarwun, located in Gladstone, Queensland.
Utilise your technical experience to improve both operational and quality performance across Continuous Manufacturing operations.
Apply your data analysis and problem-solving techniques to identify opportunities for improvements and to lead subsequent initiatives to convert these into tangible results. In addition, building and improving management systems will assure that the improvements are sustainable long-term.
You will use your range of technical, continuous improvement, communication, and industry insights to support the different Product Lines and Support Functions to achieve their objectives and to improve performance across Safety, Operations, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
This role could also be for a junior engineer hungry to gain exposure in a global organisation and eventually to then progress into other challenging opportunities within the Continuous Manufacturing group.
This is a key role within our team, where strong influencing, exceptional communication, leadership skills and the ability to perform in a demanding, lean environment will see you thrive. If you are strategic, commercial, committed, and proactive in your approach, we want to hear from you!
What you will be doing
• Support Continuous Manufacturing strategic and improvement initiatives
• Lead and assist in the deployment of the CI Strategy within the Continuous Manufacturing Group
• Collect and analyse data to identify opportunities for improvements. Then to prioritise initiatives creating a CI pipeline.
• By following a scientific approach, conduct root cause analysis and identify relevant actions to prevent reoccurrence
• Execute and support teams on CI & Quality projects and initiatives using Lean and Six Sigma methodologies, tools, and techniques
• Review, update and build manufacturing systems and processes to improve operational capability
• Sustain and continuously upgrade KPIs and scorecards to monitoring performance.
• Assist in reporting continuous improvement project progress and savings delivered
• Support and drive a continuous improvement culture using lean and similar methodologies
What you will bring
• A safety-first philosophy in all aspects of your work
• Significant knowledge and experience on data collection and analysis using Excel or other more sophisticated software
• Drive, enthusiasm and a mindset for Continuous Improvement. Willing always to challenge the status-quo
• Engineering degree qualified (Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial)
• Excellent ability to work in a technically challenging and fluid environment
• An astute communicator that has the capacity to communicate and drive cross-department strategic initiatives
• Confident in working with multidisciplinary teams and leading them to produce substantial, visible, and sustainable change
• An understanding of, and experience with, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing or change management are strongly preferred but not essential.
What we offer
As part of a truly global company, you will have the ability to grow and learn in a diverse, collaborative culture. We foster relationships and learning through connected global and local teams, promote flexible and diverse career paths and support the development of your knowledge and skills.
You will be paid a competitive salary, learn from talented individuals across multiple disciplines and be able to thrive in a safe workplace within a collaborative culture. Ignite your career at a place where your distinct potential can find its home.
We respect and value all
Orica promotes and fosters a culture of inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment everywhere we operate. We treat our people and applicants with fairness, dignity, and respect, getting the best of everyone’s contributions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, nationality, age, military or veteran, marital or disability status.