In the role of Construction worker (Civil tradesperson), you will support the project supervisor in the delivery of civil infrastructure works by performing a range of duties with limited supervision. You will support the project teams in undertaking structure related rehabilitation; inspection, servicing, and maintenance activities; and minor new works, guide and assist other employees as part of a work team, and plan complex work activities, to achieve project outcomes. You will maintain strong relationships with customers, stakeholders, and project teams.
RoadTek Central Queensland's operational unit covers a sizeable portion of Central Queensland, stretching from the east coast Rockhampton to the Northern Territory Border, as such our program of works requires us to be a flexible and mobile workforce. This position will be required to work on various fortnightly work cycles to deliver projects across our operational unit. This may involve extensive periods living away from home during the work cycle. You will be entitled to all relevant award conditions and entitlements when assigned to perform these functions. You will also be provided support and guidance to ensure effective fatigue management practices are applied.
• The recommended applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical as part of our selection process for this role.
• Applicants must possess a current, valid Queensland "C" class driver's licence or equivalent.
• Possession of a Certificate III in Civil Construction applicable to modern transport infrastructure projects or ability to acquire one within 18 months.
• A reasonable amount of travel consistent with industry standards will be required throughout the operational unit and/or the State.
• Participation in Civil Trades Development Program (CTDP) is mandatory.
This role reports to the Supervisor.
For more information and who to contact about this opportunity, please refer to the role description.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.
Job Ad Reference: QLD/458390/22
Closing Date: Thursday, 08 December 2022