CleanCo is playing a lead role in Queensland’s renewable energy transformation.
We have set ourselves a goal to own, operate or support 5GW of new renewable energy and 5GW of firming and storage capacity by 2030. To meet these goals, we have developed a pipeline of energy projects that CleanCo will own and operate, supporting jobs and economic growth in regional Queensland.
CleanCo is a team of passionate, purpose driven people, motivated to create a better world now and for the future. We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces inclusion and authenticity. If that resonates with you, we invite you to consider a career with CleanCo.
About the Opportunity
As a Community Performance Specialist at CleanCo and reporting to the Community Performance Manager, you will play a pivotal role in shaping our place within host communities and positioning CleanCo to achieve its strategic objectives. You'll provide expert guidance on best practice social performance delivery and engagement relevant to project development, execution, and operation in Central Queensland. This role can be Gladstone or Rockhampton based with significant travel. Key duties will include:
Central Queensland Community Engagement:
In this role, you will collaborate with project teams and development partners to design and implement a social performance and engagement framework aligned with our enterprise and community performance strategy. You will be responsible for ensuring clear and consistent community engagement while building enduring partnerships with landowners, First Nation groups, local government and our host communities more broadly.
External Risk and Opportunities Management:
Your role will involve identifying actions to support CleanCo's Enterprise Strategy and Operational Plan. You will also contribute to the management of stakeholder matters in other regions and monitor and influence social performance in renewable developments.
- Strong experience in Central Queensland working collaboratively with project partners and community in greenfield development or operational projects.
- Demonstrated experience identifying and managing impacts, addressing concerns and creating opportunities associated with project development and asset operations, particularly impacts on host communities.
- Demonstrated experience engaging with host community stakeholders, including First Nations People, landholders, neighbours, local government and community and environmental organisations.
- Complex stakeholder engagement experience or capability is critical, preferably gained in the energy or resources sector.
- Demonstrated experience delivering better practice / innovative community engagement outcomes for infrastructure, renewable energy and/or resources projects in rural and regional locations.
- Demonstrated high level of integrity, business ethics and professional judgment and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills with the ability to build good working relationships with stakeholders and provide a positive experience.
- A passion to create purpose-driven, respectful, and positive connections for all stakeholders.
- Ability to work flexibly to attend engagements and community activities as reasonably required and planned in the role.
- You have a passion to be part of something bigger than yourself, that contributes to the delivery of a clean energy future crafted in Queensland.
What We Can Offer
We understand that work is just one important aspect of our employee’s lives. We offer a range of benefits that support balance and create an engaging workplace, by meeting you at your life and career stage. Perks and benefits of joining the CleanCo team include:
- Genuine flex work options – supported hybrid working model.
- A progressive and inclusive culture that reflects our unique identity.
- Opportunities to purchase additional leave.
- Discounted health insurance, Fitness Passport, and health promotion programs.
- Opportunities to save via Salary Sacrificing which may increase your take home pay.
- Wellbeing support via our Employee Assistance Program and Mates in Energy membership.
CleanCo is a proud 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer and commit to responding to every applicant.
For more information about CleanCo please visit www.cleancoqueensland.com.au