Community Engagement Officer
Full Time / Temporary - 12 months
OMCEO – Communications and Marketing
Location – Proserpine
$77596 - $88550 per annum
The Whitsunday Regional Council is situated at the heart of the Great Barrier Reef. The region encompasses the 74 tropical Whitsunday Islands, the coastal towns of Cannonvale, Airlie Beach, Jubilee Pocket, Shute Harbour and Bowen along with the rural towns of Proserpine and Collinsville. The Whitsunday region offers a dynamic environment and is perfectly placed to live, work, play and invest.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Community Engagement Officer to join Council’s dynamic and award-winning Communications and Marketing team. As the Community Engagement Officer, you will develop and implement community engagement plans and strategies in accordance with Whitsunday Regional Council’s policies and procedures and will include engagement on matters such as policy development, program delivery, major projects and service delivery.
- C Class ‘Manual’ Drivers Licence.
- Experience in high level, full-cycle community engagement, liaising with project and subject matter experts.
- Tertiary qualifications in Engagement/Communications or other appropriate discipline.
- Experience in Council operations, including infrastructure projects, planning and environmental projects would be advantageous.
- Qualifications in IAP2 or equivalent training.
- Understanding of Engineering Principles as they relate to Planning and Construction.
To view the position description please click on the job attachments tab above. To apply, click the ‘Apply’ button above. For any further information regarding this role, please contact a member of our Human Resources Operations team on (07) 4761 3615.
Council is committed to providing a healthy work environment for individuals working, visiting or conducting business at Council workplaces and is transitioning to a Smoke Free Workplace.
Council practices Equal Employment Opportunities and Workplace Health and Safety Principles.