Community Engagement Manager
The Catholic Diocese of Rockhampton invites applications from professionals with experience in community engagement and fundraising.
The position of Community Engagement Manager reports to the Director of Diocesan Services and is responsible for cultivating and nurturing an effective philanthropic base that advances the Catholic Diocese of Rockhampton by maximising contributions for funds, projects, initiatives, and other Diocesan causes by personal action
The Community Engagement Manager will contribute to the strategic framework of the Diocese, the planning and execution of events, and the management of communications, social media and public relations. This position will be challenging and rewarding for a person who strives for excellence and building strong professional relationships.
The successful applicant will have:
- Accreditation in fundraising and or fundraising experience
- Eligibility for membership of the Fundraising Institute of Australia
- Knowledge of Australian fundraising, appeals and foundations tax legislation
- Recognised qualifications in business or related discipline
- Sound appreciation of financial management issues
- Experience in business development initiatives, particularly in fundraising within a Church or not-for-profit environment
- Demonstrated history of outstanding fundraising results
- Proven management and mentoring experience
- Ability to operate in a complex organisational environment
- Ability to travel regularly throughout the Diocese and stay away from home when required
- Media, IT and social media literacy
- Active participant in the Catholic Church community and/or lifestyle compatible with the values and teachings of the Church
- Possess an AFP National Police Check or willingness to undertake prior to commencing employment
- Current motor vehicle driver’s licence
- Proof of double vaccination against COVID-19
We offer a supportive and positive team environment and an attractive remuneration package commensurate with skills and experience.
For further information or a copy of the Position Description and Key Selection Criteria, visit https://rok.catholic.net.au/employment/cem/ or email email@example.com.
Applications are to be submitted no later than 10am (AEST) on Monday, 6th June 2022 and should include a cover letter, resumé (including referees) and no more than four pages addressing the Key Selection Criteria shown on page 5 of the Position Description.