TURNING CARING INTO A CAREER
Located in Rockhampton
- Support older Australians to live comfortably and independently at home
- Grow your aged care, nursing and in-home care skills in a job where no two days are the same
- Use your empathy and compassion to make a difference in the lives of people in your community
At myHomecare, you’ll support older Australians to maintain their independence so they can enjoy living at home for longer.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a care provider to join us as a Community Support Worker with Sapphire Living Services in Rockhampton. We’re searching for Carers who want to use their kindness, empathy and compassion to make a difference to the lives of older Australians. Does this sound like you?
We pride ourselves in connecting our community to the services that suit their individual needs and lifestyle. You'll enjoy going the extra mile for our clients because providing home care isn’t just what you do – it’s what you’ll love to do.
As a Community Care Worker you will:
- Provide a broad scope of essential domestic, social, respite and personal care services:
- Social support: Taking clients on outings to the shops, the bank, a café or, out for a walk
- Transport: Taking clients to appointments or respite
- Food preparation
- Respite care: Assisting with exercising, dressing, toileting, and self-administration of medication
- Domestic Assistance: Dusting, vacuuming, mopping, emptying garbage, washing dishes, laundry, and assisting around the garden
- Personal care: Showering and assisting with other personal grooming
- Medication: Testing blood sugar, observing skin integrity, supervising medication dosage and administration
In this role, your work will embody our CARE values:
There is no denying that aged care is hard work. This role requires an adaptable and flexible person able to work with patience - especially during difficult and delicate situations. You’ll face challenging moments, but you’ll end each day knowing you’ve made a difference. And you won’t be on your own: you’ll have the support of your Manager through daily communication and reporting.
As a Care Worker, every day is a chance to improve the quality of someone’s life - even through the smallest of tasks. You’ll be proactive and work hard to foresee our clients’ requirements, and take action to address these as promptly as possible. And we’ll support you to finesse learning and development as a Care Worker through our in-person and online training programs.
Our clients depend on us to be on time, every time. And they count on us to always look out for their wellbeing. Whether it be social support, domestic duties or supervising the administration of medication, you’ll approach your work with a keen eye and attention to detail.
Providing aged care and in-home support means approaching every task with patience and kindness. You’ll understand that life can be tricky for our clients - but you’ll be proud to connect them with the community they know and love.
To join us, you’ll need:
- Certificate III in Aged Care OR Individual Support (or equivalent)
- Experience in aged care, disability or community nursing experience is desired
- The right to work in Australia
- A current driver’s license and access to your own car with comprehensive car insurance
- National Police Clearance
- Working with Children Clearance
Does this sound like you? Discover how you can truly help people in your community today.
To apply, upload your resume and cover letter through SEEK.
For more information, contact Belinda Vassallo at Belinda.Vassallo@myhomecare.com.au for a confidential chat.