Minor Hotels is an international hotel owner, operator and investor, currently with a diverse portfolio of over 530 properties. Through our Anantara, Avani, Elewana, Oaks, NH Hotels, NH Collection, nhow and TIVOLI properties, Minor Hotels operates in 50+ countries across Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Africa, the Indian Ocean, Europe and South America.
Minor Hotels AU & NZ is a proud leader in strata titled accommodation management with numerous Hotels, Resorts and Residential Apartment buildings throughout Australia and New Zealand.
Join the team at Oaks Gladstone Grand Hotel as a full-time Commis Chef.
This is a fun and supportive environment in a beautiful hotel offering immediate commencement for Full-Time positions 38 hours/ week over a 7 day roster.
Salary: $59,776 per year + Super + Benefits!
Task and Duties:
- Assisting in the food preparation process
- Cooking and preparing elements of high quality dishes
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Contribute to maintaining kitchen and food safety standards
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Previous experience in either a hotel or restaurant environment
- Hold relevant Certificate III cookery qualifications
- Be flexible to work a range of different shifts, including weekends.
- Be able to work under pressure within a dynamic team environment.
- Be self-motivated and able to work without supervision.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Join our positive and vibrant team and be rewarded with these team benefits:
- 50% discounts on accommodation across all Minor Hotel brands in AUS and NZ
- Discount when you visit any of our restaurants, cafes, bars and wellness retreats
- Discounts on 530 Minor hotels and F&B outlets across the globe
- 50% off The Coffee Club VIP membership
- Furniture, Australia Zoo, Medibank insurance discounts
- Secondments and promotion opportunities across Minor Hotel globally
- Career progression & education assistance
- Additional paid leave including Birthday, Vaccine and Study leave
- Wellbeing programs (Uprise)
- Reward & Recognition programs
- Team member referral program
- Uniform provided
Currently, we are only accepting applications from candidates who have working rights within Australia or New Zealand.
Joining Minor means you become a partner in a diverse, expanding global organization with limitless opportunities to thrive and achieve. Minor International includes three key business units: Minor Hotels, Minor Food, and Minor Lifestyle. With a team of over 66,000 and operating over 60 countries Minor International is one of the fastest growing hospitality, restaurant and lifestyle companies in the Asia Pacific Region.