Experienced Electrician wanted to take a key position within our Maintenance Team!
Steelmaking Coal is an essential ingredient in blast-furnace steel manufacture, producing steel used for critical building and infrastructure around the world. In Australia, we operate two open cut and three underground metallurgical coal mines in Queensland’s Bowen Basin, every year producing millions of tonnes of the highest quality hard coking coal for this purpose.
As an Electrical Technician you will contribute as a member of the Field Maintenance Electrical team ensuring the availability, reliability and performance of mining equipment is optimised and the electrical maintenance plan is achieved to enable production targets to be met in compliance with statutory, safety, health, budget, and environmental requirements.
Reporting to the Field Maintenance Electrical Coordinator, you will be tasked to undertake preventative maintenance tasks and attend to breakdowns of equipment safely and efficiently.
You will be responsible for ensuring all electrical activities are undertaken and are performed in line with relevant statutory requirements and site Safety Health Management System.
To be successful in the role you will have previous Electrical Maintenance experience in Mining or Heavy Industrial fields and a demonstrated experience contributing to a team of professionals to deliver against a set target.
Your experience delivering best practice electrical maintenance and a strong track record in developing continuous improvement ideas will be key to your success in the role. You will have a high level of strategic thinking and problem solving ability, and an understanding of key safety risks and ways to mitigate these.
Some of the key areas for you to be across are, but not limited to.
- Preventative maintenance through scheduled inspections, servicing, adjustments, troubleshooting, and timely repair of plant equipment.
- Provide reliable and accurate maintenance knowledge and expertise to minimise down time.
- Working knowledge of all task instructions and procedures to adhere to when carrying out maintenance tasks.
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping and accurate record keeping wherever work is carried out
- Electrical inspection of opencut electrical equipment and/or fixed plant electrical systems
- Diagnosis faults and effect repairs to electrical equipment & field devices
- Testing & Tagging, of electrical equipment/appliances
- Electrical isolations/lockouts as per the site SHMS procedures
- Statutory inspections & testing of safety devices.
- Preference to have experience in Dragline and Electric Rope Shovels maintenance and breakdown support
- Experience and knowledge in PLC controlled equipment and systems
- A basic understanding of SAP maintenance systems
- Ability to work safely and cooperatively in a small team, demonstrating flexibility to business requirements
- A current QLD Electrical Fitter Mechanic trade certification
- Current Senior First Aid / CPR & LVR certificates or ability to complete
- HV Switching Qualifications – Desirable but not mandatory
- High Risk Work License (EWP)
- Current Confined Space and Working at Heights certificates
- A Manual C-class Australian Driver’s Licence
- Full-time permanent position
- 7 on / 7 off Roster
- Suitable for DIDO, residential and FIFO (Salary Sacrifice only)
- Subsidised accommodation available
What we Offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity, and showing care and respect for people and the planet. That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies. As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
Inclusion and Diversity
At Anglo American, we embrace change and promote an inclusive and diverse environment where you can bring your whole self to work, every day. We are adopting new approaches to recruitment, talent development, mentoring, parental leave, and flexible working to further support diversity across our business.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Do you know someone who would fit this role? Employee referrals will be accepted for this job. Refer to your local Referral Guidelines for policy conditions and amounts.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
19th August 2022
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to closing date – applications may also close before this date.
Anglo American Steelmaking Coal does not accept unsolicited applications from Recruitment Agencies.