Coal Augering Services, established in 2003, is an auger mining contractor who uses unique coal mining equipment to remotely recover coal reserves from beyond the final highwall position in open cut mines throughout the Bowen Basin. Coal Augering Services is seeking a Trainee Auger Assistant to join a crew of world-class auger miners as we ramp up production at Ensham Mine.
Location: Emerald QLD 4720
Description of Duties:
- Securing lifting equipment onto auger drills during drilling and retraction
- Moving support equipment, cables, hoses etc during hole to hole moves
- Assist others with minor maintenance and servicing of equipment
- Pre-start equipment inspections, cleaning, greasing & fuelling of equipment
- General housekeeping, parts and consumables restocking and picking up deliveries etc.
- Roster is day shift only, 7 on, 7 off, and is initially a casual position
- Accommodation and meals provided whilst on site
Preferable Skills and Experience:
- Positive communication skills at all times to assist Auger Operator during drilling and moving operations
- Good understanding of mine site Compliance and Health and Safety Standards
- Previous experience as a drillers offsider and/or working on a mine site will be highly regarded
- The work is outside, on the open cut pit floor, and while the work is not strenuous, it does require an adequate level of fitness to meet the required fatigue management standards
- Live local (Emerald region) or have the ability to drive in and out to site
Minimum Requisite Pre-Employment Competencies:
- Coal Board Medical
- Standard 11 Generic Induction
- Open Queensland Driver's Licence
Please send your resume and supporting letter addressing each of the essential skills and experience requirements to email@example.com or apply via SEEK no later than 28/01/2022.