About the role:
We are currently seeking a Coal Logistics Engineer for our Wilpinjong Mine. Wilpinjong mine is an open-cut mine located 58 kilometers northeast of Mudgee producing a high quality thermal coal for export and domestic markets.
This role will report to the Senior Planning & Logistics Engineer and provide a high level of coal quality & logistics support to the Technical Services & CHPP teams and offer alternate week (24/7) on-call coverage for critical coal related activities.
Duties will include:
- · Develop an optimized daily CHPP Weekly Plan to include Bypass and CHPP processing schedule, product quality targets and 48hour train blend schedule.
- · Track and record coal quality and quantity from Pit to Port, through the mining, CHPP processing, railing and shipping stages.
- · Develop and maintain detailed daily pit coal flow, CHPP processing, product blend and railing schedules for a rolling 8-week period.
- · Develop Weekly Presentations to provide estimates for Pit to Port Coal activities.
- · Track, Record and Monitor ROM & Product Stockpile quantities and qualities
- · Liaise with Corporate Logistics & Marketing teams regarding rail and shipping programs and other matters to ensure customer requirements are met
- · Collaborate with mining, production, processing personnel, planning and logistics team to ensure coal meets customer quality and delivery requirements.
- · Provide alternate Week (24/7) on-call Coverage for Pit to Port Coal activities
This position is offered on a weekday, dayshift (M-F) basis allowing for a residential lifestyle. Employees living locally may have the ability to salary sacrifice up to 50% of your mortgage interest payments, or rental payments.
· Exceptional relocation benefits with a possible lump sum payment of one month's salary
· Employee assistance program available for yourself and immediate family
· Novated vehicle leasing available
· Health and lifestyle benefits (WHEREFIT).
· Employee recognition program
- Degree qualified within Logistics Management/ Process/ Engineering/Geology/Mining or a related discipline
- Experience in coal mining industry or related field
- Detail focused with ability to investigate and solve any issues or anomalies
- Strong reporting and system skills
- Flexibility to provide 24/7 coverage as required
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
Peabody is a world-leader in providing products for the production of affordable, reliable steel and energy to customers in 15 countries on five continents. We employ over 4,900 people, have 18 operations in the United States and Australia and in 2021 we restored 2400 acres of land. When you work with us, you are working with a team of professionals around the world who are committed to making a difference for themselves, their families, and their communities.
Peabody is a globally diverse company which offers an inclusive work environment to engage, recognize and develop employees. The company values the power of inclusion and diversity as a competitive advantage and is committed to increasing the number of diverse employees throughout its operations. We welcome applications from all diversity groups to assist us in honoring our commitment
Take the first step toward a rewarding career working with us at Peabody Jobs (peabodyenergy.com) [link removed]