Upton Engineering and Manufacturing are seeking an experienced Machinist to join our team in our new state of the art facility operating the latest CNC technology. You will be working within a progressive engineering company that manufactures for a variety of industries.
The successful candidate will need to set and run machines. You will be responsible for the overall operation of the machine, it’s productivity and the standard of work produced. We have a range of CNC mills and lathes including Okuma, Mazak, Alpha, and Makino. Our machinists will all have a high regard for quality and safety and understand the importance of following company policies and procedures to maintain this standard.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Operate CNC Machines, either Mills or Lathes, to produce parts as per specifications
- Read and interpret technical specs and drawings
- Ability to use measuring tools to achieve required tolerances
- Perform calculations and measurements to high accuracy
- Adhere to UEM’s quality and safety management systems
- Ability to complete inspections using precision measuring equipment
- High skill level with computers
Skills and Experience:
- Trade certificate (Fitter and Machinist)
- High level of detail and accuracy
- High level of safety awareness
- 5 axis machining experience highly regarded
- Immediate start
- Job security and long-lasting careers
- Environment rich in professional and personal development opportunities
- Great location, working in a modern state of the art facility in Gladstone
- Relocation assistance may be provided for the right candidate
- Work locally and enjoy going home each day
- Lifestyle roster negotiable
We are passionate about Australian manufacturing and our people – celebrating innovation and collaboration within our team. Creating a culture built on safety, pride, respect and quality workmanship.
Click Apply, email email@example.com or visit us in our new facility at 1 George Mamalis Place, Callemondah, 4680.