Who we are
Mater Private Hospital Rockhampton has been supporting the health of people living in and around Rockhampton for more than a century. Our heritage listed Kenmore building was purchased by the Sisters of Mercy in 1915 and opened as the first Mater Misericordiae Hospital in Central Queensland on 14 November in the same year.
Today, our 136 bed facility features five operating theatres, a private emergency service and a wide range of specialised clinical services. 2020 has seen Mercy Health Queensland join forces under one Mission. The merger with North, Central and South East Queensland allows a single collective network to bring great benefit for Queenslanders by collaborating the organisation’s state-wide expertise and services.
About the role
Mater Private Hospital Rockhampton is seeking an experienced Registered Nurse Level 2 to manage the day to day operations Oncology Ward. This position is being offered on a part-time basis (hours negotiable).
Registered Nurse Level 2 is responsible for providing safe, efficient and effective management of the day to day operations of the Oncology unit. Our Unit has 11 chairs and 1 bed. The position involves:
- Comprehensive and accurate nursing assessment of patients, plan and implement care;
- Ensuring clinical procedures and nursing work practices are current;
- Assess and respond appropriately to clinical and nursing problems; and
- Establish and maintain effective systems of communication and interface with external health professionals.
It is both a challenging and rewarding nursing experience.
Education and training opportunities are available.
Salary range: $48.66 - $52.13 per hour commensurate with experience. The appropriate salary will be dependent on the period of applicable prior experience.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a highly skilled multi-disciplinary team who take pride in providing the highest levels of patient care. You will be approachable with a mature and confident attitude, have the ability to work independently as well as within a team. You will have skills in oncology and medical nursing.
In order to be successful in this position, you will:
- Have registration as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA);
- Demonstrated experience as a supervisor in a clinical/oncology environment;
- Have effective interpersonal skills;
- Be an Australian Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident.
Why join us?
In return for your skills you will work with a passionate and driven team that provides high quality patient care. Work hours are flexible in accordance with operational requirements. We are a family friendly employer and give consideration to the needs of our employees. Additional benefits include:
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Salary packaging up to $15,900
- Employee Assistance program
- Corporate Discounts
- Health and Wellbeing programs and initiatives
- Work/life balance, variety, and flexibility
- Part of Mater Health Queensland
Take your career to the next level by experiencing working in our not-for-profit, values-driven hospital, with a deep connection to our local and regional community. Join our growing team as we build the future of Mater.
How to apply
Apply for this positions on SEEK or through our website at Careers in Central Queensland - Mater where you can find more information about this vacancy. This position is listed on our website under Mater Private Hospital Rockhampton vacancies.
Should you have any questions about the role please contact Erna Allison on Erna.Allison@mater.org.au during business hours.
- Stated referees may be contacted throughout the short-listing process.
- Successful candidates are responsible for their own relocation expenses.
"We are an equal opportunity employer"