Image Courtesy of Mistake Creek State School
About Mistake Creek State School
At Mistake Creek State School we are united in our pursuit of excellence. We aim to prepare students for life-long learning by developing skills, nurturing creative talents and encouraging enquiry.
As the Cleaner you will have responsibility for the following:
- Cleaning windows, pictures, doorknobs, taps, sinks, drinking fountains, lavatory basins, glassware, glass doors and cupboards.
- Cleaning and sanitising toilet facilities and sick bays.
- Cleaning and maintaining equipment.
- Cobweb and mildew control, utilising extendable equipment as necessary.
- Cleaning of concrete, bitumen, asphalt and paved surfaces.
- Disposal of rubbish and litter control including removal of material from drains and gutters between and/or surrounding buildings.
- Dusting including student and office furniture, equipment and fans.
- Removal of graffiti.
- Sweeping and vacuuming.
- Vinyl/timber floor maintenance including buffing, stripping and polishing.
- Other appropriate cleaning duties as directed by the Principal/Business Manager.
- Activating and disarming school security systems as required.
- Locking and unlocking buildings.
- Liaise with Principal/Business Manager concerning purchase and/or replacement of cleaning materials.
- Reporting security, safety, damage concerns to the Principal/Business Manager or Schools Officer (Facilities and/or Grounds).
- Referring members of the public to relevant school personnel as required.
When working in regulated employment an employee must have a current Working with Children Clearance (blue card) issued by Blue Card Services.
To apply please attach the following:
- A brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Contact Name: Kim Robinson, Principal / 0478 849 620, email@example.com
Closing Date: Saturday, 29 January 2022