Chanel College is a contemporary and vibrant educational community in Gladstone, Central Queensland. At the heart of all that we do, is a commitment to Catholic values and the provision of a high-quality education within an environment that is supportive and caring. With an enrolment of 800 students, Chanel College offers an innovative curriculum with a comprehensive range of subject choices, catering for both academic and vocational pathways.
Our staff come from diverse backgrounds, and we value the knowledge and skills that each person brings to his/her specific role within our community, as through the sharing of our giftedness, we work together to provide a quality, Catholic education for all students.
What we are looking for:
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for full-time teaching positions, for an immediate commencement, or as negotiated with the successful applicant. This position will also include Pastoral Care (Vertical Years 7 - 12).
The ability to teach any or a combination of the following secondary subjects would be advantageous:
- Religious Education
- Study of Religion
- Industrial Technology & Design
- Health & Physical Education
- Food Technology
- Cert I in Engineering
The successful applicant/s will demonstrate a commitment to providing quality Catholic education and learning based on a personal faith as well as be a highly trained and qualified professional with significant experience in the provision of high-quality educational programs. You will have well developed organisational skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills; the ability to work well in a team, as well as the ability to work independently.
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate:
- a commitment to the ethos of a Catholic school
- ability to teach in subject areas listed above
- a commitment to the extra-curricular activities
For more information, please view the Position Description.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and current Queensland College of Teachers Registration
- Australian work rights
What we offer
- Competitive salary – starting from $78,489 - $114,920 (pending experience)
- Salary packaging options
- Superannuation options up to maximum of 12.75%
- Leadership development opportunities
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service (portability of Long Service Leave may also be applicable)
- Corporate health insurance discounts
- Excellent leave entitlements to suit various situations
- Induction, professional development and learning opportunities
***PLEASE NOTE: ALL APPLICATIONS NEED TO BE SUBMITTED BY FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW***
How to apply
- Go to www.chanelcollege.qld.edu.au - CAREERS Tab in Menu
- Click on ‘Complete the application HERE’ link under HOW TO APPLY
Applications close: Sunday, 8 October 2023
- For a confidential conversation please contact the Business Manager at Chanel College, Gladstone on 07 4994 8924
- For further information regarding the remuneration package, please contact Employee Support Services Employment@rok.catholic.edu.au
- Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Catholic Education is committed to best practice in student protection policies and procedures and is an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Under the CAREERS tab